How to rip Blu-ray Star Wars Clone Wars TV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) How to rip Blu-ray Star Wars Clone Wars TV Series

I have had absolutely no luck ripping my copy of the Clone Wars to HD WMV files that play thru my XBox. Most Blu-rays rip fine this way.

This is Star Wars the Clone Wars Season 1 Disk 1 (or 2 or 3 - same problems) on Blu-ray disc.

DVDFab Blu-Ray Ripper option appears to see the 7 episodes on one disk as a single 240 minute episode, instead of 7 22 minute episodes. However, when I try to convert the episode (with the expectation of later going back and breaking it into 7 pieces), it reaches the end of the first episode (the copyright is on the preview screen), and then hangs. No further progress, and all I can do is cancel.

I've tried WMV, M2TS, MKV, all with the same results. Help please!!!!

The way I did it was by ripping each episode as its own Main Movie in BD format.

I first copied each disc to my hard drive using full disk copy.

Then, in the Blu-Ray Copy / Main Movie section there's an option to select "Title Start/End Settings" below where all the titles are listed. I selected the main title that has all of the episodes, and divided it up by the cooresponding chapters.

For example, if the whole block of 7 episodes had 28 chapters, that meant that each episode had 4 chapters. Chapters 1-4 contained the first episode, 5-8 the second, etc... So, I created a Main Movie copies of each episode: chapters 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, etc.

Yes, it was time consuming. I had to reprogram and do a separate run through for each episode, but it was the only way I could get it to work on that disc.

Once you get each episode as its own separate main movie then you can convert it into whatever you like.

Comment

Thanks!

Yes, that's what I finally figured out as well. However, I skipped the Main Movie copy from the Whole Disc copy step. I used the "Title Start/End Settings" directly in the Convert to WMV step. That worked well. :-)

Comment

Cool. For some reason I couldn't do that with the mkv's - the audio would get out of sync when I got to the episodes at the end of each disc. That's why I had to do the main movie first.

I'm glad things worked out for you though.

Comment

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - problems ripping BluRay

Hi All,

Wanted to revive this topic to see if I am doing something incorrectly. We just purchased the set of The Clone Wars BluRay for my son, and I was trying to both back it up and also rip into iPad format to take it on the road.

I am able to get the first episode working properly, but every episode afterwards has problems with the audio. When you start the episode, there is no sound at all, and if you skip ahead, the audio stars, but it's completely out of sync.

Am I missing some settings to adjust? I tried the method where you copy Full Disk to harddrive, then ripped each individual episode into "Main Movie" w/ the chapter filters. When I tried to convert each chapter into an AVI or M4V, it did same thing... no sound or out of sync audio.

Thoughts? This is driving me crazy... never had a problem like this with any other movie.

Thanks,

Comment

Hi mjoyce
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal logand post right here.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Logs from failed rip attached

Sorry for the delay... was out of town for a bit.

I am attaching the log file (internal) as requested. Relevant records should begin w/ this heading; "DVDFab 8.1.7.5 (2012/05/19 17:11:13)"

In this particular instance, I did a full disc copy of Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 1. I then performed a "Main Movie" copy and separated out by chapters to isolate the first three episodes. After that, I took each main movie copy and ripped into an "iPad" compatible movie. Here are the problems I am experiencing:

1) The first episode (Chapter 1-4) seems to rip just fine, audio is good and picture is good. However, when I try to transfer it onto my iPad through iTunes, it just hangs and will not download the movie onto the iPad

2) The second and third episodes (Chapter 5-8 and 9-12) have good pictures, but the audio is still completely out of sync. It's silent at the beginning of the movie, and then about 3-4 minutes in, the audio starts, but it is completely off for both episodes.

Can't figure out what I am doing wrong... have never had this happen with any other movie.

As mentioned above, logs attached. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,

MJoyce
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

The A/V sync error is an known error when ripper the movie by chapter, please try to ripper the whole movie!

Wilson
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

The problem is that it only seems to happen w/ the Clone Wars disc (from my experience). I need to split out the chapters, otherwise you basically have to watch all the episodes (7 of them) at once.

Tried to rip in a few different formats... once it goes past the full disc rip (avi rip, iPad rip, etc) it messes up the audio. Need to figure out why this is happening... the process seemed to work fine for others on here.

Any other thoughts/ideas would be much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X