X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Extensions Show on TV

Hey, I am just wondering if anyone else has run inot this problem
    I don't know if it is a DVD Fab conversion issue or other:

I am streaming my converted MP4 videos to my TV using Nero Media Home(Also occurs using Windows Media Player). DirectTV HD DVR receiver is the DLNA device.

The problem is my movie titles. Some show the extension of MP4 while others do not. I have looked at the property details of each file and the MP4 is not part of the title or subtitle.
    Not a real big deal but I would like to know where it is coming from and if I need to do something different.

thx

Originally posted by Garyde View Post
    Hey, I am just wondering if anyone else has run inot this problem
    I don't know if it is a DVD Fab conversion issue or other:

I am streaming my converted MP4 videos to my TV using Nero Media Home(Also occurs using Windows Media Player). DirectTV HD DVR receiver is the DLNA device.

The problem is my movie titles. Some show the extension of MP4 while others do not. I have looked at the property details of each file and the MP4 is not part of the title or subtitle.
    Not a real big deal but I would like to know where it is coming from and if I need to do something different.

thx
    To clarify, the title with extensions show on my TV selection list.

Comment

File Extensions Show on TV

Here is a sample of what I mean.
      Viewing the title list on Directtv shows:

Video1
      Video2.mp4
      Video3.mp4
      Video4
      Video5

Is no one else running into this problem?

Comment

Until now, I didn't know that DirectTV had DNLA support.

You posts are being read but no one seems to have a similar situation. My only suggestion would be to see if you can get a hold of another DNLA client device to see if the problem is only on the DirectTV units.

Comment

I found the problem to be with Nero. I have contacted them and am waiting on a reply. As a side not this does not occur with Windows Media Center.

And I made a mistake. I meant to say Directtv is the media renderer.
          thx!

Comment

I'd suggest that you have a look at Twonky.

I've been using it in various configs since about 2004 and it is still the best.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Gregiboy,
              Thx
              Just downloaded trial version. I like what I see but I get an x beside all music and video on TV. (Cant play them)
              Also, I can play music in the manager on PC but video files wont play.
              Do you know if the trial version is fully functional(I have registered on their forum and awaiting activation)

Also, I am running 64bit Windows 7, Do you think that will be a problem with Twonky?
              Does Twonky transcode mp4? Directtv wont play mp4. has to be mpeg2

Comment

Just an update for anyone with similar problem. I bought the LG BD390 BlueRay player and it handles media streaming very well. This topic issue is no longer a problem and as well it streams MP4 with out having to have any transcoder installed. Just Windows7 Ultimate and Windows Media Center

Comment

Originally posted by Garyde View Post
                  Just an update for anyone with similar problem. I bought the LG BD390 BlueRay player and it handles media streaming very well. This topic issue is no longer a problem and as well it streams MP4 with out having to have any transcoder installed. Just Windows7 Ultimate and Windows Media Center
                  I've been looking at that player. What other types of files stream to it? MPEG2? M2TS?

I am kind of waiting for LG or someone else to bake a 1080p 32" LCD with Blu-Ray, DNLA, and Netflix streaming so I can get rid of all the devices in the bedroom and just have the TV on the wall. One can hope.

Comment

Working...
                  X