Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) best output for ps3 Media server streaming

I am have intermittent luck with the PS3 preset using BluRay Ripper
    about 50% of the mp4 files are streamable. I can stream MKV, MTS, but would like to take advantage of the mp4 size reductions. Also a native format for the PS3 would take the load of my server.

Any advice would be helpful.

System
    q6600 quad
    8gig ram
    1.5 WD Black series HD
    GTX460 nVidia

Ethernet to ps3

Originally posted by kenshomi View Post
    I am have intermittent luck with the PS3 preset using BluRay Ripper about 50% of the mp4 files are streamable.
    Why other 50% aren't streamable? what seems the problem?

I can stream MKV, M2TS, but would like to take advantage of the mp4 size reductions. Also a native format for the PS3 would take the load of my server.
    Just for you to know - MKV, M2TS, and MP4 are all containers and have nothing to do with size or level of compression of the content. I.g. MKV could be as small as mp4, or you can easily re-pack mp4 content into MKV container. However, you have full rights in preference of either of them, and use whichever one you like...

Ethernet to ps3
    I hope it's wired. If your ethernet is wireless, that's where your problem is...
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

@IPopov50 Sorry I must be too old school - ethernet to me must be wired.
      Yes cat 5!!

OK so it must be the difference between, DVDfab and other software compression of the files that make the difference.
      Last edited by IPopov50; 06-02-2011, 04:42 AM. Reason: names of other software were removed

Comment

Originally posted by kenshomi View Post
        OK so it must be the difference between, DVDfab and other software compression of the files that make the difference.
        It's largely incorrect. Without getting into details, compression is a same as they all use same coding standards. Codec settings are different. Bitrate, ME, audio coding, etc. dictates what output size would be. Some of the content coded originally the way makes further compression very difficult, and other content is very much "compressible".
        If you take same content, use same codec (say h264), set same coding parameters, and pack content into MP4 and MKV container, output size of final product will be about the same. None of these containers supports menus - most space consuming managing overhead of any container. The reason why MKV is so efficient container is the fact that process of muxing used in MKV container is very fast and efficient; drawback - no menu.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
        X