Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Can't save default profile?

Just upgraded to 8.0.9.8

trying to rip NCIS season 3 disc 5 to MKV h264 aac.

I usually set my defualt to 2 pass encoding
    set my audio bitrate to 512kbps
    volume to 175%

In the past this has always given me very good results when playing back on both my portable devices, computer or with my WD tvlive plus.

when I try to save this as my default for mkv it doesn't save

it even seems to take the audio bitrate back down to 448 and change my volume back to 100%?

any ideas

thanks

Originally posted by johnsalazar View Post
    Just upgraded to 8.0.9.8

trying to rip NCIS season 3 disc 5 to MKV h264 aac.

volume to 175%

In the past this has always given me very good results when playing back on both my portable devices, computer or with my WD tvlive plus.

when I try to save this as my default for mkv it doesn't save

it even seems to take the audio bitrate back down to 448 and change my volume back to 100%?

any ideas

thanks
    I am having a somewhat similar issue with trying to save the m2ts.passthrough as my default profile. It won't allow me to select it.

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12112

Comment

I have had the same issue since the last version, it did not bother me too much since its just a matter of clicking on passthrough.

I'm more concerned about the fact that when I make a change such as bitrate it doesn't take after you hit ok.

Comment

Just upgraded to 8.0.9.8

seems to take the audio bitrate back down to 448 and change my volume back to 100%?
        I'm having the same issue with 8.0.9.8.... except I want stereo and 160kbps, and it resets to 96kpbs.

I think this from the revision history page has a clue

DVDFAB Revision 8.0.5.5

DVD Ripper:
        • New: Added profiles for AC3 encoding.
        • New: Added logic to select suitable bitrate automatically for 2.0 or 5.1 audio encoding.
        • Fix: Framerate should be 23.976 instead of 29.97 in certain cases.
        • Fix: Output video may be cropped incorrectly for anamorphic widescreen source in certain cases.
        • Fix: MP4 AAC 5.1 wrong channel problem when source audio is AC3 or DTS.
        I'm a developer by trade, and that looks suspiciously like something that would cause the user-selected bitrate to get overwritten.

Can we get tech support opinion?

Thanks

Comment

problem continues with 8.1.0.0

still experiencing the same issue with new updated version.

Bitrate reverts but more importantly to me the volume can't be changed from 100%

Comment

Same here too.

8.0.9.2 works but any newer version won't.

Plus if you already had a default profile saved (e.g. from 8.0.9.2) none of the newer versions read the profile properly i.e. all settings are different, but if you roll back to 8.0.9.2 it works.

Comment

DVD Ripper Can't save default profile? v8.1.0.3

Just upgraded to v8.1.0.3 and I am still unable to save to default profile (i.e. it reverts to the original settings) and v8.1.0.3 is unable to use the default profile created from v8.0.9.2.

As before v8.0.9.2 works perfectly with saving and using a default profile.

Comment

I just gave up on it

My original problem was posted on 6-10, haven't heard a response back so I just figure they either changed it on purpose or are unable to figure it out.

Either way every time that I rip something I just manually change the settings.

I can't even seem to get dual pass encoding to stick as "default"

Haven't tried todays release yet.

Comment

Hi johnsalazar,

Please try v8103 and the problems was fixed.

Sorry for the trouble.

Best Regards,
                  Fengtao
                  DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                  http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post

Please try v8103 and the problems was fixed.
                    It's still happening for me with v8103

Comment

Hi All,

Same issue here, cannot save profile as the default. (MKV Audio copy - 2 pass at a 35000 bitrate)

In the interim, is there anyway to amend the default XML file (or whatever it is) so its picked up, or should we just wait for a fix.

I have also completeley uninstalled and re-installed new version to see if it was any leftover profile directory that was being naughty.

Comment

Gidday,
                        Yep, still the same problem here with 8.1.0.3. regardless of any changes made and 'saved' as default profile, they revert to the original settings. Very annoying.

Comment

volume to 175%
                          In my test, I can set default iPad profile with all above customized settings.

But I can reproduce the problem on MKV audiocopy profile, the 2 pass can be saved, but the bitrate cannot. We will fix it in next version, thanks for your feedback.
                          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                            In my test, I can set default iPad profile with all above customized settings.

But I can reproduce the problem on MKV audiocopy profile, the 2 pass can be saved, but the bitrate cannot. We will fix it in next version, thanks for your feedback.
                            The divx mp3 profile won't save details to default either, just found that out just then.

Comment

Bluray Ripper

The PS3 MP4 profile won't save the defaults either.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X