Xbox High Quality Video with 5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Xbox High Quality Video with 5.1

I can't seem to find a way to get high quality video and 5.1 audio in any format the xbox supports. When I try the wmv and avi formats the video kbps seems to stick around 1k no matter what I do. And this level of quality is noticeably below what I get by just putting in my ripped dvd.

I have the latest version of dvdfab. I am currently using ISOs that I created from dvds, compressed down to dvd5. And I've tried all kinds of combinations of various formats. Is there some combination I'm missing?

Originally posted by jappenzeller View Post
    I am currently using ISOs that I created from dvds, compressed down to dvd5.
    Hi jappenzeller
    May I ask why you are using ISO's that are compressed to DVD5, and not the original disc an re-ripping it to HDD without compression!!!
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I had a high-quality XBox360 profile that was awesome, but the new method DVDFab uses for it's profiles doesn't like my old profile at all. I'm working on recreating it in the new profile format, but haven't been successful yet. Whenever I find out how to create a new profile based on my old one I'll post it here. I'm sorry for the delay, but I've run into a brick wall regarding the new profile syntax and it's driving me crazy. I've actually had to resort to asking for help!
      ------------------------------------
      Just another moron with a keyboard.

Comment

These were ISOs I've had around for a while that I would burn to disc when I wanted to watch them on my tv. But it seems it doesn't really matter whether it's compressed or not as far as trying to view on the xbox. The ripper always seems to output a fixed bitrate no matter what I try.

Comment

We will check this issue ASAP.
          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by GeekMan View Post
            I had a high-quality XBox360 profile that was awesome, but the new method DVDFab uses for it's profiles doesn't like my old profile at all. I'm working on recreating it in the new profile format, but haven't been successful yet. Whenever I find out how to create a new profile based on my old one I'll post it here. I'm sorry for the delay, but I've run into a brick wall regarding the new profile syntax and it's driving me crazy. I've actually had to resort to asking for help!
            Hi
            we had do works for it, we will do an automatic tool to convert the old profile to new.
            Best Regards.
            Joe

Comment

Any movement at all on this? I still can't get DVDFab to let me save a custom profile, which is making it impossible for me to recreate my large-screen XBox 360 profile.

Comment

Please try to install DVDFab 8.1.0.1 Qt Beta at http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA
                check the "What's New" part to get the updated info.
                Last edited by sunny; 06-27-2011, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Still No Good

Anything about this quality issue? No matter what I do I can't get high quality video and audio for xbox. The video settings I put in are ignored.

Comment

Hey all,
                    I've uploaded my new HD XBox 360 profile here. Let me know if it works for you!

Comment

I got your profile to give me a high quality video file a while ago but now it doesn't seem to work. Not sure if I'm messing up a setting or a new verison of dvdfab messed it up. I really don't understand why ripping a high quality video for xbox is so difficult.

Comment

Working...
                      X