Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Subpicture problem

Hi guys,

I have a question about subpicture settings. I am trying to rip a movie, K-19The Widowmaker, and although I have tried 6 times so far, I can't get the program to rip the movie without the subtitles. I have deselected subpicture and also deselected forced subpicture and yet the movie still rips with the subtitles.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the program three times, being very careful to remove every reference from the registry using Registry Mechanic and still the same thing happens. Have I missed an obscure setting somewhere?

I am using Windows 7 64bit as my OS.

Cheers,

Wal

This might sound silly, but have you tried turning them off with the player's remote? They sometimes are on by default.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      This might sound silly, but have you tried turning them off with the player's remote? They sometimes are on by default.
      Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I've had a look at the drive properties and can find nowhere that allows me to set any subpicture preferences. I use a Lite-on Blu-Ray player and it has no remote. The only setting I seem to have access to is the region.

Cheers,

Wal

Comment

Is this on the computer with a software player?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Is this on the computer with a software player?
          Hi again 90312,

You are confusing me . I put the disc in the computer and open DVDFab to rip it for use on my iPad. The only software I am using is DVDFab.

Wal

Comment

Sorry, it appears I was the one confused. I didn’t know exactly what you were doing. I used 8.1.0.0 for iPad and do not have that problem. All I can think of is check the language box and if there is an English for the hearing impaired make sure it is not checked.

Albert Einstein

Comment

if there is an English for the hearing impaired make sure it is not checked.
              Hi again 90312,

Checked that nothing was checked and tried the copy again, no luck, subtitles are still there. I wonder if it could be the disk, some sort of obscure copy protection? Good copy but you always get annoying subtitles

Cheers,

Wal

Comment

What does the disk do when you play it in your set top player? Do you get the subtitles?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Are you sure that these subtitles are not already burnt in to the video?

What happens when you play it on a stand alone player?

Originally posted by wally3178 View Post
                  Hi again 90312,

Checked that nothing was checked and tried the copy again, no luck, subtitles are still there. I wonder if it could be the disk, some sort of obscure copy protection? Good copy but you always get annoying subtitles

Cheers,

Wal
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

90312 & Gregiboy,

When I play the movie on a player attached to the TV, I get all the usual menu items including the option to display subtitles or not. Just to check the DVD, I've just this minuteplayed some of it on our home theatre and if I select subtitles. then they show, if I deselect subtitles, they don't show. So in a standard player the disc works as it should. BTW the disc is not pirated, it is a bought and paid for original.

Cheers,

Wal
                    Last edited by wally3178; 06-17-2011, 09:38 AM. Reason: Grammer

Comment

Working...
                    X