Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Best way to rip to iPad/iPod/ATV2

Ok, So I have tried all those methods from DVDfab 8.1
    Every version I create (using application defaults) produces a file that *is* playable on iTunes but is *not* playable on the iPad(v1).

The Video starts, no Audio. If I drag to a spot in the movie, it just freezes and nothing from that point.

I get the same result on AppleTVv2

I have ripped over 600 movies and shows and most of them have this same issue. Not sure why yet but I would appreciate either some knowledge to create a "best use" for apple products or getting DVDfab updated to take of the ripping problems.

I am trying handbrake right now (ipod, ipad, appleTV, AppleTV2 formats) to see if maybe I can suggest to DVDfab what to use to make it right.

thanks

Ok, so I downloaded Passkey for the trial to get the same function in handbrake that I get with DVDFab (the bypass of everything).

I told Handbrake to use the built-in "ipad" routine and it worked like a champ.

How come a program as sophisticated and frequently updated as DVDFab cannot even come close?

I have to go through and re-rip all my movies! ugh

I have paid a small fortune for DVDfab (lifetime across several of the products.)
    Last edited by timmymac123; 06-18-2011, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Wow, Handbrake even includes chapters...DVDfab does not? Why did I spend all that cash on DVDfab?
      Oh, and the Handbrake "iPad" format works fine on AppleTV2, iPod Touch and the iPadv1.

Comment

You had 30 days to evaluate the program before a buy...

Comment

The support for mp4 chapter is done in blu-ray ripper already, and we will add it to DVD ripper very soon.

For your problem, we will check it ASAP.
          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
            You had 30 days to evaluate the program before a buy...
            Yep. you are right...It worked great. They ran fine....

And as soon as apple "updated" their IOS to strictly enforce codecs, the videos ripped by DVDfab stopped working.

The codecs are shown on the apple web site for all the products. If I had to guess...When I try using any of the codecs for AppleTV/iPad/iPod...they all use audio encoding that is > 160kbs (which is the maximum supported limit).

Handbrake seems to know this and drops to 160Kbs or lower.

DVDfab lets you change it, but as soon as you leave the screen where it is modified, it defaults back to 448Kbs.

What's the point of making a change if it does not stick?

Comment

Hi timmymac123
              The developer posted in the post above yours and is aware of this bug, and will check it and a fix will be on the way.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

6.19.11 I just finished Tinkerbell Great Fairy Rescue using the iPad profile and it's perfect! You just have to turn off all the CUDA crap and it will work a treat. When I slip up and allow software+CUDA the file is useless. My Nvidia card doesn't have enough horsepower and the files made with it won't play on the iPad, just set all A/V codecs to software and it will work.

Version 8.1.0.0
                Last edited by 90312; 06-19-2011, 11:25 PM. Reason: Include version....Duh!
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by timmymac123 View Post
                  Ok, So I have tried all those methods from DVDfab 8.1
                  Every version I create (using application defaults) produces a file that *is* playable on iTunes but is *not* playable on the iPad(v1).

The Video starts, no Audio. If I drag to a spot in the movie, it just freezes and nothing from that point.

I get the same result on AppleTVv2

I have ripped over 600 movies and shows and most of them have this same issue. Not sure why yet but I would appreciate either some knowledge to create a "best use" for apple products or getting DVDfab updated to take of the ripping problems.

I am trying handbrake right now (ipod, ipad, appleTV, AppleTV2 formats) to see if maybe I can suggest to DVDfab what to use to make it right.

thanks
                  Hi
                  please post some log, i do some work(ipad, ipod touch), and no issue.
                  Best Regards.
                  Joe

Comment

Is there a workaround for this issue? I'm having the same problem. File plays fine in Itunes, but no audio and freezing video on ipad 2.

Comment

PS @ 90312 - I double checked and I have selected "software" for all the conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by tmowinski View Post
                        PS @ 90312 - I double checked and I have selected "software" for all the conversion.
                        Still not working?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Just for information I have an original iPad. I just finished and watched a movie on it. 8.1.1.2, video bit rate @ 1550, frame rate 23.976, audio downmixed to stereo @ 160 kbps and it played perfectly start to finish.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X