No announcement yet.

Can't change volume output from 100%?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Can't change volume output from 100%?

I am a longtime DVDFAB user, I just updated to the most recent version 8.1.0.0.

I only use the ipad profile, and now I cannot change the output volume on the "conversion settings" page. I should clarify and say that I can change the setting my sliding the "slider" to let's say 131% or just type the value of 131% into the box. However, when I select OK and then go back and check again, the volume is back at 100%.

Anyone know about this?

Also, some of my previous profiles are greyed out and under the user interface options, "resources can not be found" is in the place where you would add a device profile.

I also noticed there is no more Apple TV profile. Overall, there are far less profiles then there used to be available.

Does anyone know what I am missing? I have always for years increased ALL of my DVD rips volume to 150%.

Comment

Bummer!
      This is news to me too.

I have done quite a few iPod conversions, but not for a while.
      I've always ramped 'em up to 300%
      (Too much Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, etc., at college in the 60's...lol).

Anyway, I just tried both iPad and iPod conversions and nothing over 100% will stick with any of the profiles.

I'll send Fengtao a pm and we'll see if the crew in Beijing can shed some light
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Never too much, even now !!!

Originally posted by maineman View Post
        Bummer!
        (Too much Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, etc., at college in the 60's...lol).
        I'll send Fengtao a pm and we'll see if the crew in Beijing can shed some light
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi all,

We can reproduce the volume problem as yours, we will fix it as soon as possible, thanks for your timely reports.

Sincerely,
          --
          Sunny

Comment

Thanks sunny.

We also heard from Fengtao and the volume issue should be fixed with 8101 Beta which is due for release anytime now.

Thanks to all.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
              Thanks sunny.

We also heard from Fengtao and the volume issue should be fixed with 8101 Beta which is due for release anytime now.

Thanks to all.

Comment

8101 Beta...still unable to get volume settings > 100% to stick.

I'll alert the dev team in Beijing again.

Hopefully, this will be fixed in the next Beta.

Comment

thanks for the quick replies. hopefully the issue gets resolved soon.

Comment

I just figured out a workaround.....I opened up the Ipad profile XML file, and changed BOTH values under Volume to 150%.

Worked..

Comment

Originally posted by xrayengineer View Post
                      I just figured out a workaround.....I opened up the Ipad profile XML file, and changed BOTH values under Volume to 150%.

Worked..
                      Cool, thanks for posting back with the workaround.
                      So far, Fengtao has not been able to reproduce the problem so the workaround will come in handy.

Comment

Working...
                      X