This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi jimkress999

My comment may not fix your issue if it is a bug, but ripping to your HDD is the correct procedure to save your drive from dying prematurely.

CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Is anyone working on a solution to this problem?

Is anyone working on a solution to this problem?

Comment

Your replies to members trying to help you not only in this thread but in other threads that you have been offered help has been rude and aggressive.

Showing a total lack of respect for those trying to help.

I suggest a change in attitude before making another post.
        There will not be another warning.

Comment

I look forward to the resolution of the bug in the software

I look forward to the resolution of the bug in the software.

Comment

For what it’s worth I just did The Rite using your method and it played through and rolled credits. Of course I had ripped it to the hard drive first as is the prescribed method. I noticed the XboX360.wmv.wma10 is one of the slower encodes and if you are using a lap top heat could be a problem reading from the optical drive. This does not appear to be a “bug”.
            1m 48.18s: create config(0)
            1m 48.18s: convert profile(xbox360.wmv.wma10)
            1m 48.18s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(1->13)
            1m 48.18s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,1)
            1m 48.20s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
            34m 19.65s:
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks, but no help

The discs I have been trying to rip are Season 1 of White Collar and the HBO John Adams miniseries. I don't believe they have any relationship to "The Rite" disc. I am also using a Dell T7500, 6 core workstation running Win 7 x64 with 12 GB RAM and a large RAID 0 array. Heat is not an issue.

I tried the both the "direct rip" and "copy to hard drive then rip" techniques for the discs of interest to me. Both gave the same results, i.e. the last few % of the video was not ripped.

This behavior is not present in earlier releases of v8 (i.e. prior to QT) nor is it present in v7. Although all software developers like to claim their software has no bugs, after using computers and doing software development for 30 years I am well aware of the relutance to admit error.

So, I guess I will just have to wait until this problem is recognized as a bug and gets fixed. Seems like a poor way to treat customers who pay for working software but that does not seem to matter.

Also, I also do not appreciate the threats from the forum moderator(s). The fact I disagree with other users is not being rude and aggressive. It is merely stating my experience.

If stating my experience exceeds the boundaries of what the moderators believe is "proper" behvior, then refund my money and I'll go elsewhere.

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              For what it’s worth I just did The Rite using your method and it played through and rolled credits. Of course I had ripped it to the hard drive first as is the prescribed method. I noticed the XboX360.wmv.wma10 is one of the slower encodes and if you are using a lap top heat could be a problem reading from the optical drive. This does not appear to be a “bug”.
              1m 48.18s: create config(0)
              1m 48.18s: convert profile(xbox360.wmv.wma10)
              1m 48.18s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(1->13)
              1m 48.18s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,1)
              1m 48.20s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
              34m 19.65s:

Comment

"Also, I also do not appreciate the threats from the forum moderator(s). The fact I disagree with other users is not being rude and aggressive. It is merely stating my experience.

If stating my experience exceeds the boundaries of what the moderators believe is "proper" behvior, then refund my money and I'll go elsewhere."
                It was not a threat it was a warning so enjoy your suspension while reflecting on your attitude toward others.

Comment

Working...
                X