Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Choppy Video?

Hopefully someone here will have a solution for this:

My other half is ripping all of our Blu-rays to send to me. For the past few versions of DVDFab, every copy she sends me has choppy video on my laptop. She's ripping them as generic MP4. I ripped some before I left with an earlier version of DVDFab and those don't have any issues.

When she rips them, they playback fine on her PC and on the Xbox, but they're choppy on my high-end laptop. The only difference hardware-wise is that the PC has nVidia video and my laptop is ATI.

Should we be ripping to a different "universal" format? Or is there some setting we're missing?

I've had this issue too for a while now. Ripping with software codecs seems to help on my machine (ATI graphics). Have her check to see if it's using CUDA or DXVA and try software if so. It might help.

Comment

Hi Kiernan,

When she rips them, they playback fine on her PC and on the Xbox, but they're choppy on my high-end laptop. The only difference hardware-wise is that the PC has nVidia video and my laptop is ATI.
      It's obvious that the players you were using is a cause of your playback issue. Try to either update your player and graphic cards driver, or use other ones like VLC ( http://www.videolan.org/vlc/) to see the result.

Comment

Working...
      X