Video Stats, sub & idx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Video Stats, sub & idx?

Hello, I noticed with the last 3 updates that after ripping a movie a file named video stats is included in the ripped folder, Is this of any use or do I just delete it?

Secondly Does anyone save the IDX and SUB files when they rip movies?

I use WD TV live+ and it doesn't seem to make any difference if the files are there or not and I'm not a huge fan of Windows Media Center so I'm wondering if I should even be creating / keeping them?

Thanks guys!

Hi John,

The WDTV players should recognise the Subs when you press the "Subtitle" button. I am pretty sure that it works as I talked my daughter-in-law through it last week.

But for the WDTV, I would use a MKV profile, keep the IDX/SUB file, mux the subs back into the main MKV file with MKVMerge and then delete the IDX/Subs files.

That way you will always have the subs even if you don't use them.

Give it a try. I am pretty sure that the WDTV will recognise them held internally.

PS: Fab will now mux multiple audio tracks into the container also and I tend to keep at least the English DD5.1 & DTS tracks as I have found that in some surround sound setups, sometimes you get better results from one or the other.

Again, future proofing !!! GregiBoy's theory "Do it right & do it once!!"
    Originally posted by johnsalazar View Post
    Secondly Does anyone save the IDX and SUB files when they rip movies?

I use WD TV live+ and it doesn't seem to make any difference if the files are there or not and I'm not a huge fan of Windows Media Center so I'm wondering if I should even be creating / keeping them?

Thanks guys!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
    X