8.1.0.3 ipad h264/aac rips play badly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 8.1.0.3 ipad h264/aac rips play badly

This was better than 8.1.0.0 as rips finished sucessfully, rather than going on for ever as in 8.1.0.0/1, however there has obviously been changes to the codec used or parameters as the playback of the m4v video (using ipad 1080 h264/aac) is stuttery and drops out all the time.

Tried on 2 PC's and Samsung TV which were all fine playing versions ripped before 8.1.0.0.

Also Movie Title does not get saved in file.

See attached info files for before 8100 and with 8103.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by justinhow; 07-05-2011, 10:53 PM.
    Windows 7 x64, 4GB RAM, Intel i7-860, ATI HD 4550 Drivers Catalyst 11.3

Hi justinhow,
    Please try the lastest build 8105 QT http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm.
    Wish you success.
    terry5

Comment

Ok - tried this on 8.1.0.5 and have a similar issue. There is something about the encoding of the latest builds for h264/aac on the ipad profile that is less compatible than before. It is not as simple as simply saying they do not play at all, but rather they stutter and skip badly on some platforms.

I have new Samung TVs and they have been able to play previous encoded files fine but now have considerable problems with latest version as do my less pwerfull PC's.

All encode/decode seetings are software only.

Reverted to older build.

Also the title of the film etc is still not being encoded into h264 file.
      Last edited by justinhow; 07-08-2011, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Problem still applies to 8.1.0.6.

Comment

I've had this problem with samsung TV's and ac ryan mini media player using the 'new' Mp4 profiles .(The TV pauses every couple of minutes saying loading file and the AC Ryan crashes and reboots itself). I've ended up using the generic.mkv.h264.audiocopy profile to rip. (it works fine on the TV and media player.)

I've noticed that when you select a profile and it use Intel Quick Sync you end up with variable bit rate H264 encoding (which seems to stutter every so often) and when you use software encoding on the same profile it had ended up with a fixed bit rate, even though the profile I'm using says to use a fixed bitrate.

Saying that the rip information of your attached files both show variable bitrate, but the rip you have problems with looks like it is using a MP4 version 2 format while the working rip is using a m4v format.

I suspect that until a profile editor is released or the MP4 profile revert back to the 'old' MP4 format (not version 2) a lot of us will not able to use the MP4 formats.

Comment

Thanks for a) confirming there is a problem and b) providing info into the nature of it.

Now we just need DVDFab developers to accept there is a problem.

In the mean time I use 8.0.8.5.

Comment

Originally posted by stuffy65 View Post
              I suspect that until a profile editor is released or the MP4 profile revert back to the 'old' MP4 format (not version 2) a lot of us will not able to use the MP4 formats.
              You know that you can change or make changes in profile/preset, right?
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

No I wasn't aware you could make changes to the profiles is there any documentation?

Also I loaded a mkv file which stutters into Avidemux to have a look at the encoding and there seems to be a lot of 'B' frames in the encoding. I've had a quick google for "h264 b frames stutter" and the impression I get is the "b frame" causes stutter(but with that search it's not really surprising that results say that). If I can change the profile is there a way of not using B frames in the encoding process?

Comment

Working...
                X