8.1.0.5 QT Crashes Like No Other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other 8.1.0.5 QT Crashes Like No Other

I just updated to the latest version 8.1.0.5, and Fab crashes almost right out of the gate. I uninstalled the previous version, ran CCleaner and then downloaded and installed 8.1.0.5, but still the program crashes after I select a track to rip. This happens when I'm in DVDRipper, but tried a few of the other modules and crashes just the same.
    After Fab crashed, a pop-up came up requesting information for a crash report. I entered the info but the crash reporter "crashed" and threw an "error 25" and said it couldn't send the report.

Relevant portions of the logs below:
    dvdfab_internal.log
    DVDFab 8.1.0.5 (2011/07/05 19:29:46)

0m 00.93s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 00.93s: Qt Translator file load success
    0m 03.57s: detected dvd
    0m 03.60s: drive D
    0m 03.60s: dvd type 1
    0m 03.60s: volume label PIRATES_OF_THE_CARRIBEAN
    0m 07.14s: got copyright 1 fe
    0m 07.62s: got udf/iso
    0m 08.62s: got discinfo
    0m 08.64s: pathplayer enabled
    1m 11.54s: got dvdinfo
    1m 11.55s: opened dvd
    1m 19.93s: terminate process

dvdfab_process.log
    Task 1 has been cancelled.: 19:29:09

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Hi tjkaz,
    Please reinstall DVDFab(uninstall and then reinstall).It's better that delete all your files about DVDFab before reinstall.Here are the default addresses:
    C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8 Qt
    C:\Documents and Settings\users\My Documents\DVDFab
    Wish you success.
    terry5

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
      Hi tjkaz,
      Please reinstall DVDFab(uninstall and then reinstall).It's better that delete all your files about DVDFab before reinstall.Here are the default addresses:
      C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8 Qt
      C:\Documents and Settings\users\My Documents\DVDFab
      Wish you success.
      terry5
      Thanks Terry.
      I did what you recommended and just tried and Fab crashed again. Seems like when I switch from one module to another, this is when it crashes. I never had this problem before and always installed Fab updates over previous ones. But like I said, I did what you recommended.
      I attached a screen shot of a c++ runtime error that showed up just prior to the Fab crash screen. Hopefully this will help.
      In the meantime, I'll update the c++ runtime on my machine to see if it fixes the issue.
      Attached Files

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

For MS Visual C++, I have 6 versions of 2005, 5 versions for 2008 and 1 version for 2010. Not sure why so many, but seems like this is fairly common and reportedly not an issue according to various google searches.
        However, for some reason I'm now having an issue with 8.1.0.5.
        I'm going to try rolling-back to previous version and see if it fixes the issue.
        UPDATE:
        Just rolled back to 8.1.0.2 beta and no crashes at all. Tried various things including switching between copy modules and no problems at all.
        Seems like my machine has an issue with 8.1.0.5 only.
        Last edited by tjkaz; 07-08-2011, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X