No announcement yet.

No BD subtitles in resulting MKV?? Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) No BD subtitles in resulting MKV?? Why?

Hello,

I just found out that DVDFab does not include the checked BD subtitles in the resulting MKV file. They get saved as external idx/sub files.

Why is that? Most MKV tools like M*keMKV do include the original BD sup subtitles and also most media streamer/player can play those sups within a MKV file. This is very handy. The MKV format/container has absolutely no problem with BD sup streams inside the MKV file.

Why isn't this possible with DVDFab?

Because they haven't got around to it.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Edit: Of course I'm talking about PGS subtitles (not SUP)!

Well, I hope they find time to add support for BD PGS subtitles within MKV sometime soon.

Because otherwise the 'Convert to MKV' feature ist pretty much useless to me and I'm sure to many other people too..
      Last edited by samtroy; 07-10-2011, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Hi samtroy,

When you just tick one subtitle track, you will get two choices for output subtitle,
        "direct render into video"
        "extract idx/sub file"

When you tick two or more subtitle track, you will just get one choice
        "extract idx/sub file"

(see the attachment)
        Attached Files

Comment

Sunny.

That is not what Sam's point was!!!

What he was asking was "Why cannot Fab mux multiple subs within the MKV container like FREE software can already do?"

This feature has been asked for many times.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi GregiBoy,

You are right, for mkv.remux, current DVDFab only have "extract idx/sub file" for subtitles to output.

Comment

Exactly.

I just want DVDFab to mux multiple/checked original Blu-ray PGS subtitles into the MKV file, like most other MKV tools do. I think this shouldn't be too hard to implement.

I'm pretty surprised that this rather basic feature is still not supported. I mean, MKV is getting more and more popular/important.

Comment

Hi, samtroy,
                Thank you for your support and advice. Please post it in Feature Request thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15 .
                Have a nice day!
                terry5

Comment

Working...
                X