This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/V on one specific movie

Yes, I've read how many threads on A/V sync....not trying to add to the 1000 there already are, but...

When I try to backup Forrest Gump, I cannot get the audio to sync up (audio is just fine on the DVD). I have done close to 600 DVD (to mobile) backups and this is the ONLY one I cannot get to work. I have not tried different profiles but have tried various sampling rates (I will not go to a different profile...I want AVI and will accept nothing less). I've tried Fab5 and 6....I've tried straight from the DVD as well as copying to my hard drive first.

I know my computer is fast enough (2.4GHz dual core processor with a 7200RPM 320GB HDD) so does anyone have any suggestions?

If it's the special collector's edition (2 disc set wide screen edition region 1 NTSC), I'll be happy to test to rule out a faulty disc. Ripping main movie to hdd now using Fab version 6202. What profile exactly you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
      If it's the special collector's edition (2 disc set wide screen edition region 1 NTSC), I'll be happy to test to rule out a faulty disc. Ripping main movie to hdd now using Fab version 6202. What profile exactly you use?
      Is yours in the oversized DVD case?

Comment

Normal case, the bar code is 09736-15644-49.

Comment

same bar code as mine but mine is in an oversized dvd case

Comment

Probably the same disc also I bet, just give me the profile and I'm ready to convert. Generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy? generic.avi.xvid.mp3? generic.avi.h264.audiocopy???

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
              Probably the same disc also I bet, just give me the profile and I'm ready to convert. Generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy? generic.avi.xvid.mp3? generic.avi.h264.audiocopy???
              I'm not the OP but waiting for him to respond to your post to help as well

Comment

yup what I meant

Comment

I've tried both h264 and divx...but lately have been going with divx, so..

generic.avi.divx.mp3, ~1000kbps and 192kbps

Also, forgot to mention, it's off a bit at first (almost unnoticable) but progresses to a "significant" delay.

Comment

You're right, the sync was terrible at half way thru. I tested the 2 pass, 1000kbps 704x294.

Comment

Makes me feel better that I'm not the only one...however, I feel stupid for trying about 10 times now, pointlessly...

Thanks for trying yourself!

Comment

Same movie with the same result. I tried another software and the DivX was fine. I guess it's Fab on this one.
                        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

I posted the info in the A/V sync issues thread started by GregiBoy. Same results with generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy. Something odd about that title no doubt.

Comment

Have you tried running the divx file through DivxRepair.exe (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DivXRepair). It is a free tool that removes bad frames that can cause audio sync problems. There is another tool called VirtualDub that is also free and can sometimes repair audio sync problems.

Comment

Go to http://divxrepair.sourceforge.net/. I think I added the sync repair plugin to fix the problem (http://www.freewebz.com/cvstudio/cvs...rmPlugins.html). I did this last year so I don't remember the exact details.

Comment

Working...
                              X