X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) The Muumy (R2) Forced Subs

Hi All,

Has anyone found a way to rip The Mummy with the correct English forced subtitles?

My understanding is that the BD uses text subtitles rather than the normal PGS.
    Don't fully understand it all to be honest, just wanted a simple (idiots) guide
    to how I might rip it.

I should add, that I want a .mp4 H264/AAC Hi Def file at the end :-)
    Thanks all
    Last edited by Monty68; 07-16-2011, 10:48 AM.

Not only the mummy .... but other BlueRay discs (such as '2012') only have subtitles in the specific areas where non-English is spoken.

I tried to select the "display forced subtitles only" option, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

This is something I'm trawling through the forums looking for how to do properly on all BlueRay rips. I know the answer must be here somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by kicken View Post
      Not only the mummy .... but other BlueRay discs (such as '2012') only have subtitles in the specific areas where non-English is spoken.
      I tried to select the "display forced subtitles only" option, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
      aa. You have to select desired language (I assume english) first,
      bb. then check "display forced subtitles only" box, and finally
      cc. go to "Edit" part of GUI and select subtitles to be rendered into a picture.

This should do the trick, try
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Yeah thats fine and generally works great with Blu-Rays that have the subs
        within the mt2s files. But the Mummy, and a few others have the subs in a
        seperate file(s) and held as text which the player renders rather than
        image files.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty68 View Post
          Yeah thats fine and generally works great with Blu-Rays that have the subs
          within the mt2s files. But the Mummy, and a few others have the subs in a
          seperate file(s) and held as text which the player renders rather than
          image files.
          Have the people at DVDfab had a look at this yet, I'm sure I am not the only one with this problem and from what I've read it's not the only blue ray with this problem.

Comment

Here's another thread on the same topic. http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=17704

Comment

Do you guys honestly suggest that Fab waste valuable development time catering for poor, non-industry standard authored titles? I know what response you would get from my team.

I would suggest your time would be better spent researching and grabbing utilities off the web that can extract amd mux these crappy titles. There are heaps!!!

Google is your friend.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I am just looking for the ripped files to play the same way the Blu-Ray disk would play in the Blu-Ray player without having to turn on/off subtitles when foreign languages are being spoken. I am not trying to be subjective as to the quality of the source product. I'll leave thjat to others who are more qualified than me to decide.

Comment

This 10 month old thread is closed .

Follow the link in Post 6 for current thread on subject.

Comment

Working...
                  X