DVD Ripper goes into a loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVD Ripper goes into a loop

DVDFAB 8.1.0.5 when copying a DVD, it stops at 51.51% Complete then goes into a loop and used 100% of one CPU. Elapsed time keeps incrementing, Percent stays at 51.51% and time left is at 0. Task Time elapsed keeps incrementing. I am copying a DVD to generic.mp4.H264.aac. The file it was creating was 22mb, so it looks like it keeps writing while it is looping but it never finishes. I canceled after two hours. It looks like it successfully copied 5 minutes of video to disk, then went into a look and stopped copying, but kept writing to disk

Hi mclaver
    Could you please post as much information that you can from this thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=542
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I have attached both logs as requested. The problem was with DVDFAB 8.1.0.5. It was a standard DVD copy, i tried both AVI and MP4. It happened consistently, on multiple DVDs on two different machines one is running Windows Vista and is an Intel I7 965, one is running Windows 7 on an Intel I7 975.

I went back to 8.0.8.5 on the Windows Vista I7 865 and it does not happen.

Please let me know if you need additional information
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi mclaver
        Please Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes, and also uncheck Enable Lightning-Recoding restart Fab and try again.

Please do not compress from your drive
        First save it to your HDD as "Movie Only" DVD9 without compression.
        Then open the hard drive folder and use the ripped movie on your HDD to do your converting.
        Doing it this way saves wear and tear on your optical drive and is also faster.

Please give this a read through http://forum.dvdfab.com/newreply.php...uote=1&p=92304

CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
        X