X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Intel Quick Sync Prolembs - Z68 Chipset Sandy Bridge i7

Hi,

I'm trying to decode and encode H.264 mkv content and have not been successful. I've chose mkv.h264.ac3 from the drop down menu in blu-ray ripper. Located the file folder for the desired content and selected a target location. I then edited the resolution size of the mkv file and started the process. Problem is, all dvdfab does is start the process. It informs me Intel GPU acceleration for video encoding/decoding enabled. The software never returns an error but never completes 1% of the task. Total tasks are 1/1 and the elapsed time continues to tick away. Finally I just cancel the operation after 5+ minutes of no activity.

DVD Fab version 8.1.0.6 qt.

Computer Specs-

Asus P8z68 -V Pro
    i7 2600k
    Nvidia 8800GTX
    8gb Corrsair Vengance
    Crucial M4 64 GB SSD
    1TB HDD storage
    USB 3.0 HDD 1.5TB storage (media)

All drivers are installed and functioning properly. All other fuctions of DVD Fab are working as normal. Listed Below is the Codec information from the settings tab.

Graphics Chipset :
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

CUDA Driver Version: 4.0
    CUDA Capability revision number: 1.0

Supported Video Codecs :
    CUDA_MODE_H264
    CUDA_MODE_VC1
    CUDA_MODE_MPEG2
    INTEL_MODE_H264
    INTEL_MODE_MPEG2

CoreAVC : is detected.

Can someone please Help me with my problem. Does DVD Fab just not support Z68 chipset stuff yet?

Please go to Common Settings -> A/V Codec -> check "Disable all GPU codecs..." box. Restart Fab and try conversion again (set it for 1-pass). Come back here with result.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
      Please go to Common Settings -> A/V Codec -> check "Disable all GPU codecs..." box. Restart Fab and try conversion again (set it for 1-pass). Come back here with result.
      Thank you for the fast response. Its very much appreciated.

After selecting "disable all GPU codecs" everything now reads "software". Obviously this is normal. 1-pass fast is encoding at 67-69 FPS. Aprox. 40 minutes for the main movie, Green Hornet BD. Does that seem right? It dose not say anything about Intel Quick sync enabled under the info tab. Simply says; Conversion One pass and Source (xxxxx.m2ts). Maybe my understanding of what IQS is and is capable of doing is wrong.

I wanted to take a BD Movie that I have backed up into a folder on my HDD (BDMV, Certificate, .minso) and then convert that .h264 format using IQS into a .h264 mkv file that is smaller in both overall size and resolution for playback on a traveling net-book computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Spin Cykle View Post
        It dose not say anything about Intel Quick sync enabled under the info tab. Simply says; Conversion One pass and Source (xxxxx.m2ts).
        Correct, it shouldn't because by checking that box you disabled any GPU acceleration, including IQS. This way you content were processed using old fashion "software" codec.

I wanted to take a BD Movie... and... convert that .h264 format using IQS into a .h264 mkv file that is smaller in both overall size and resolution for playback on a traveling net-book computer.
        I understand what you wanted, I just didn't understand if you still have a problem described in your OP.
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Correct, it shouldn't because by checking that box you disabled any GPU acceleration, including IQS. This way you content were processed using old fashion "software" codec.

I understand what you wanted, I just didn't understand if you still have a problem described in your OP.
          After checking the "gpu codec boxes" the problem still remains. DvdFab stalls and does not begin decoding/encoding with IQS. The problem remains and is still exactly like described above. Is this a software issue or a driver/hardware issue on my end? And is there a way to verify IQS is functioning properly?

-----------------------------
          Update
          ----------------------------

Thinking it had to be a driver/hardware issue from my end I thumbed through some bios settings and made my "initiate graphics adapter" - iGPU. I read an article stating iGPU must be the primary vga adapter for IQS to function properly thus the invention of Lucid Logix. Software that enables a secondary discrete VGA adapter to be used for gaming.

IQS is functioning now just at a turtles pace. 13-14 FPS decoding BD content for a backed up movie (BDMV,Certificate, .minso) folder. Any ideas why this might be occurring?
          Last edited by Spin Cykle; 07-25-2011, 12:41 PM.

Comment

-----------------------------
            Update
            ----------------------------

Unistalled beta version 8106 and went back to 8105. Ran default settings and everything seems to be functioning normal for the most part. IQS is functioning now for decoding. 110-140 FPS decoding BD content for a backed up movie (BDMV,Certificate, .minso) folder, aproximatley 23 minutes to complete.

Intel GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled
            CUDA GPU acceleration for video encoding enabled
            If i use both Intel GPU acceleration for decoding and encoding i get an error message saying "worker failed" within Dvdfab. Not sure why I cant get the encoding portion to function correctly. I'm making progress though.

Comment

Had DVDFab been added to the games list in the Virtu control panel?

Comment

Yes it was. I've given up on trying to make it all work. I can get IQS to work for the most part but then when it comes to gaming and getting Lucid Virtu to work and switch to discrete graphics is a nightmare. System freezes, lock up's ect. For what little h264 conversion I do I can wait the extra 15 minutes and go without IQS. All in all a great theory but in reality I cant get it all to play nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Spin Cykle View Post
                  For what little h264 conversion I do I can wait the extra 15 minutes and go without IQS.
                  Just stick with CUDA. You have really nice GPU that works. It will give you about same result as IQS anyway...
                  sigpic

Comment

Just stick with CUDA. You have really nice GPU that works. It will give you about same result as IQS anyway...
                    i would have to disagree with you there.

the CUDA results are extremely poor compared to either software of IQS encondings. at least, on full 1080p media it is. (i havent converted for portable media devices so cant comment on that)

to the OP, i've only found reasonable performance with IQS if you dont use it for decoding and encoding. if i set it for both then i get appallingly slow rates of conversion, and sometimes the "worker failed" message.

I've reverted to using software for all decoding, and IQS for all encoding. However on some media it refuses to actually use IQS during encoding and on some other media it does.
                    in general this has given me reasonable encoding speeds of around 60-70fps for full HD (on the same motherboard, and CPU as the OP)

Comment

I have played with Quick Sync settings for over a month and have just settled with Quick sync decoding and software encoding. I get 100+ fps with my BD encodes and am happy with that. Until QS encoding is fixed I will just keep it as is.

And I agree with staying away from CUDA as an encoder. I converted over 100 dvd's with CUDA and while the speeds were awesome, the quality sucked. Heavy pixelation and blockiness regardless of the bitrate or quality settings or driver/hardware settings.

Comment

Originally posted by n__m View Post
                        i would have to disagree with you there.

the CUDA results are extremely poor compared to either software of IQS encondings. at least, on full 1080p media it is. (i havent converted for portable media devices so cant comment on that)

to the OP, i've only found reasonable performance with IQS if you dont use it for decoding and encoding. if i set it for both then i get appallingly slow rates of conversion, and sometimes the "worker failed" message.

I've reverted to using software for all decoding, and IQS for all encoding. However on some media it refuses to actually use IQS during encoding and on some other media it does.
                        in general this has given me reasonable encoding speeds of around 60-70fps for full HD (on the same motherboard, and CPU as the OP)
                        Couple questions for you since we are running the same MB. What bios are you using? Im on 0651 and I wanted to compare a few settings for the iGPU and such.

When using "software" for decoding and IQS for encoding what configuration do you have the EFI/ BIOS set to?

EFI settings:

Initiate Graphics Adapter - PCIE/PCI
                        iGPU Memory - 64M
                        Render Standy - Enabled
                        iGpu Multi-Monitor - Enabled
                        DVI cable plugged into discrete video card
                        With the above settings I was never able to IQS to function properly. Intel media accelerator drivers installed, lucid installed and dvdfab.exe added to the program options. Maybe there is a error/bug with dvdfab and luicd virtu.

EFI settings:

Initiate Graphics Adapter - iGPU
                        iGPU Memory - 64M
                        Render Standy - Enabled
                        iGpu Multi-Monitor - Enabled
                        DVI cable plugged into MB port
                        With this set up above I was able to get IQS functioning but Lucid was a nightmare. Trying to get games to switch over to my discrete graphics card never seemed to work. Even bench testing with Unigne Heaven, I was unable to get lucid to work correctly.

EFI settings:

Initiate Graphics Adapter - PCIE/PCI
                        iGPU Memory - 64M
                        Render Standy - Enabled
                        iGpu Multi-Monitor - Disabled
                        Those are my current settings above. For now I've decided to take a break at making everything work. Maybe someone can shed a little more light on the subject matter..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr H.264 View Post
                          I have played with Quick Sync settings for over a month and have just settled with Quick sync decoding and software encoding. I get 100+ fps with my BD encodes and am happy with that. Until QS encoding is fixed I will just keep it as is.

And I agree with staying away from CUDA as an encoder. I converted over 100 dvd's with CUDA and while the speeds were awesome, the quality sucked. Heavy pixelation and blockiness regardless of the bitrate or quality settings or driver/hardware settings.
                          I agree 100% CUDA yields very poor quality in my experience. Faster than other options but you loose some quality.

Comment

Working...
                          X