Quick Snyc + B frames = stutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Quick Snyc + B frames = stutter

How do I turn off B frame encoding for H264?

When I encode using the dvd_generic.mkv.h264.audiocopy profile I get screen stutter and frame breakup when I encode using H264. Software mode is fine. If I step through the frames using avidemux I can see where a frame is badly composed or appears to be out of sync. In attached zip file frame 455 is out of sync with frame 454 and appears to be a copy of frame 454, (the brown vehicle appears to take a step back then continues).

This only appears to happen on a from of type b, so how do I turn them off?
    Attached Files

You can't
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

When can I expect this major bug to be fixed?

Attached is an example of screen breakup. Again caused by b frames + Quick Sync.

Reading around, what does the <BframeBias>0</BframeBias> do in the .pset files? The x264 documentation seems to indictate this controls the b frame generation.
      Attached Files

Comment

I forwarded your report to devs for review. It might take a day or two for response. Stand by.
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thanks.

I've changed the <bframebias> setting to -100 in the x264_ABR_Fast.preset. Created a new profile using the profile editor which uses this preset. No Bframes that I can see. Mostly P frames with the odd I frame. No stutter, no corrupt display.

Comment

Thank you for sharing that. I hope some other members will find this as a solution for their hiccups.
            sigpic

Comment

The AVIdemux no support the h264 B frame good. Maybe you should choose another software but AVIdemux to try it again. Moreover you can just set the <NbBframes> to zero to turn offf the b frame.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by BurYang; 08-03-2011, 06:54 AM.

Comment

I'm just using AVIdemux because I can illustrate frame by frame what I'm seeing in VLC player, AC Ryan mini player & a samsung TV using the build in DNLA player for both these rips. Both the problems I've shown manifest themselves in exactly the same way (stutter in the first example and picture breakup in the second example) at exactly the same point in the rips on all these devices leading me to believe the problem is the rip not the players.

AVIdemux may not be the best piece of software but it is allowing me to illustrate the problems I'm having.

Comment

Working...
                X