Rip loops or freezes creating mp4 output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi ChuckLee,
    Please try the last build 8110 QT beta http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA.
    Wish you success.
    terry5

Comment

Same Issue using 8.1.1.2

I have the same issue even using the current release. For me, it has nothing to do with the age of the movie or whether it is commercial or ripped with DVDfab. This happens on EVERYTHING when trying to go from DVD to MP4.

I have also tried it on two different machines. One is a Core2Quad 6600 with NVidia GTS-450 graphics and SB X-FI sound. The other is an HP Laptop containing i3 processor and Intel HD Graphics and sound. Both experience this "stuck" behavior when ripping to MP4. I have tried every suggestion here, plus changing the MP4 settings.

The problem was introduced somewhere between 8.0.9.2 and 8.0.9.8. I can successfully rip to MP4 using 8.0.9.2 on both machines but not an any release after that. The following versions have been tested: 8.0.9.8, 8.1.0.5, 8.1.0.7 and 8.1.1.2. All of these exhibit this "loop, freeze or stuck" behavior. You can let it run forever (tried 2 days once) and it never advances. The UI is still alive as you can hit the cancel button. Using Process Explorer, I can still see that the rip process is running and consuming some CPU, but it isn't really doing anything as it is producing no IO at all.

As a paid user of this product for many years, this is terribly dissappointing. Support is normally very good on this product but this has been going on a long time. As a developer myself, I am happy to do any testing required and enable any logging they need to debug the problem. Not sure what the code is written in, but if it is in Java or one of the Visual Studio languages, I can even debug the code. For that matter, I would be willing to arrange a remote session for the development team to debug it.

I depend on this software a lot and have recommended it to many people. Please help us with this issue.

Comment

Using generic mp4.h264.aac profile it has been my experience that the default audio bit rate of 448 kbps is just too high. The encode will begin to slow and eventually stop and disappear from the GUI but the timer (program) continues to run forever with no results. So now I edit it by briefly selecting stereo, which will revert back to Dolby ProLogic II but I can then select the more reasonable 160 kbps and then the file completes and plays as it should. I’ll attach screenshots to illustrate:
        Attached Files
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Great tip! That works! The interesting point of this is that the 448 is not even selectable even if you manually select the Dolby Prologic II. Also, I don't have to do this on the 8.0.9.2 version. Not that I really mind. I used to switch everything to stereo and 160 but stuck with Dolby Prologic II becaused it helped with the Audio Sync problem that I experience ever since QT versions came out.

That problem still hasn't really been resolved. I do find that it does a much better job if I play the movie in the preview window for a few minutes before I start the rip. Not sure what that is all about.

Thanks again. I've been fighting this since 8.0.9.8.

Comment

Great! Glad you are going again.

Albert Einstein

Comment

If you stream VOB passthrough is your choice, if not you have the FAT32 limit to deal with. You might try DivX audiocopy. Audiocopy will give you the sound track as is.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X