No announcement yet.

60 LED LCD Samsung HDTV with 3 TB external HD - searching for the best settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 LED LCD Samsung HDTV with 3 TB external HD - searching for the best settings

My 60" LED LCD HDTV can read VOB files and MKV files from an external hard drive via usb. I don't want to lose any quality in my movies when I copy or convert.
    I don't care about file size. I have external hard drive in the gigs.
    I would like to have one file per movie.

What profile should I use? What settings do I need to adjust?

The last couple of weeks I've tried several profiles and made adjustments, the best so far is mkv container, with h264 codex, and audio AC3. I put the video bit rate at 7000 because anything less for a blu ray and the quality was less then source.

I tried MKV.remux on blu ray and dvd ripper but the result doesn't look like the source. Also sometimes the audio is off by a second or two, how do I fix that?

It is frusterating that everyone has to trial and error for themselfs because everyone had a different setup.

Post move to correct forum.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Getting closer

remux profile revisted, set the split to "no split", kept the crop to automatic and resized to "Size Zoomed In/Out on Source". I don't know what that means, size zoomed in/out on source, better not mean dvdfab will zoom into the movie and zoom out whenever.

The end result is good, using remux but I am concerned about the audio not in sync with some movies, and then only in some parts of the movie.

Comment

I'm done with copy, I'm staying with ripping. Everytime I try to copy a DVD or Blu-ray an error occurs or one of the vob (for DVD) or m2ts (for blu-ray) is corrupt and/or my hdtv can't read the file.

No problems yet with ripping to MKV format.

Comment

Working...
        X