This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chapters

Sorry if there is already a thread addressing this- I looked and couldn't find anything.

Is there a way to preserve the chapter breaks from a dvd when converting to mobile formats like mp4 or avi? I recently converted the pink floyd pulse dvd to ipod format but when i try to skip chapters it lands in random spots. thanks for any help

No there isn't.

But all is not lost. There is a workaround.

Use the "Split by Chapter" option in the advanced settings. Once the conversion is complete, rename the chapters sequentionally, eg:-

Pink01
    Pink02
    Pink03
    Pink04

etc, etc.

Then when you press the "next" button on your player, it will take you to the next chapter.

If you don't press anything, the chapters will play sequentially as if it was the original file. Ther may be a slight pause between chapters thoug, depending on your device.

Hope this helps.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Here is specifically what I have/ want to do.

I am backing up all dvds to m4v format and saving on my external hard drive. Then plugging said hard drive into xbox 360 for playback.

Is the problem the xbox 360 not reading the chapter breaks or are they not being added to the output file.

I am using m4v file type because it seems to work best for me at preserving proper aspect ratio when watching on TV and also because I can use on my ipod as well.

Comment

cool- thanks greg

Comment

Working...
        X