How to stop captions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper How to stop captions?

(I'm very new to all this so I don't know all the right terms, which has made searching very difficult since I didn't understand what a lot of folks were saying, so please be kind!)

I used DVD Ripper, 8.1.0.5, to rip DVDs so that they could be played on my laptop, or iPad, or from the Roku via an attached hard drive.

What I didn't realize until I'd already ripped several movies is that in some, when I play the movie, the captions are on and can't be turned off. Not for everything, though -- for example, they're on for Monsters Inc. and Chicago, but off for Dexter.

How do I rip the DVD so that I can watch it without captions? I'd rather have captions not available than to have them on all the time -- though ideally I'd be able to choose to show or not show them.

I'm saving in mv4 (for iPad) format.

Thank you for any help you can give me!

There are two ways to get rid of the captions. 1) You can unclick the Subpicture choice in the lower right hand box of the first screen after loading a disc or 2) You can click the box below that says Display only forced subpicture.

I use the second choice as it allows subtitles when the movie requires, like when someone is speaking a different language.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X