This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Forced subtitles for 2012

I know this topic has been addressed in the past, but it seems it's never truly been resolved. I've run in to some considerable frustration trying to rip my DVD copy of the movie 2012, keeping just the forced subtitles (there's a good amount of Chinese conversation in the movie). The DVD contains 5 subtitle tracks (English, French, French, English, English), the first English track being the normal subtitles, the second English track being visually impaired subtitles, and the third director's commentary.

However, "Display only forced subpicture" on the first track fails to distinguish the forced subs from the normal ones and renders every single English subtitle. DVDSubEdit also reads all subtitles as forced. The forced subtitles display fine on DVD players, however, so there's obviously forced flags in there somewhere. I've heard things about Sony Pictures using unconventional practices for subtitle integration, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone shed some light on this subject? It's driving me mad!

I am having the same problem and it is extremely frustrating. I just bought the Bluray version of this movie. It has 3 video streams that are all 2:37:49, the first stream has 3 english subtitles, the second and 4, and the third only has one. I have tried the force subtitles on all of them but it is not working. The subtitles are either always on, or always off. I would like someone to help me out if they can.

Thanks
    Ryan
    Attached Files

Comment

ryanmc you have hijacked and posted to a 9 month old thread.

Start your own thread with details of your problem.

this thread is closed.

Comment

Working...
      X