Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper AVI index is broken

FYI,

I have had a problem with the last three versions of the DVD Ripper. The main problem now is that AVI's created using generic xvid, divx and h264 with audiocopy using the defaults on all options except the video bitrate which I change to 1400.

Version 8.1.1.2 final and 8.1.1.5 Beta both have this problem. I have not tried any other profiles but the ones mentioned above.

Happens with both 1 pass and 2 pass selected.

if you test the video using Windows media player, try moving near the end of the movie and you will not be able to get there.

If you use VNC to open the file it will tell you the AVI is broken and will ask you if you want to fix it. This works and you can watch the fixed version.

The last movies I tried it with were "Limitless and Camp Hell". But it has happened with others. I just use version 7 to perform my rips until this is fixed.

Is there any fix for this? Any way to repair the files so they will play correctly or do I have to go back to a previous version pre QT? I am having the same problem but not on all movies. Some work fine and others consistantly have a broken index, whatever that means.

I've been having this problem since QT came out and up to 8.1.2.8 it is still a problem. I just converted Shawshank Redemption and Seven for the third time and all three have the same issue. I am using Generic avi h264 audiocopy profile, I don;t know if it is the 2gb version or not, but I have never had a file close to 2gb, mostly 1.5 or less.

Comment

Version 8.1.3.8 has the same issue... Trying to create DivX with audiocopy from my old Harry Potter Chamber of secrets DVD and it makes an AVI with a broken index...

Comment

Please try the none 2gb- profiles, they are OK. 2gb- profiles are just for old DVD players.

Comment

Working...
        X