No announcement yet.

Defeated by Pathplayer, any workaround?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Defeated by Pathplayer, any workaround?

Trying to rip a TV Series DVD, and having major problems with everything after episode one.

With Pathplayer on, it goes to about 41.20% and just stops. With it "enabled when necessary", it gets to 36.40% and then stops... and with it off, it doesn't even get to 5%, before it stops.

I have also noticed that before it stops, it climbs to an overly high FPS of around 230 FPS, and then just drops back to 0 FPS. A successful rip usually runs at about 120 FPS, which is what alerted me to something being wrong when it was ripping..

If I try to copy the disc to a folder first, I end up with a 1.4Kb file that contains no video at all... and it takes about 10 seconds to rip 47 minutes of video... which is clearly wrong. So I can't find any workaround for this disc, and am clutching at straws now.

Anyone got any suggestions at all?

Hi LeeC22,
    Please post your lastest internal logs for more inform. The default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Best regards
    terry5

Comment

Hi Terry,
      Sorry for the delay... my PC broke so I had been waiting for parts.

I cleared the log, and then tried to rip the disc again, so the log should contain the relevant info. It ran to 43.19% and then stopped, as soon as the FPS hit 0, I hit cancel, as nothing happens after that, other than the time elapsed going up and up. The FPS display disappears, and the Task Time Left goes to 00:00:00.

Hmm, as I closed the programme down, I briefly got a runtime error dialog, something about a pure virtual call. Was only on for a fraction of a second, and there are no records of it in the System events. I will see if I can recreate it later.

Thanks
      Lee
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi LeeC22
        Please try the latest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=14547
        Also please do not convert from your drive.
        First save it to your HDD without compression.
        Then open the hard drive file and use that for your converting.
        Doing it this way saves wear and tear on your optical drive and is also faster.
        Hope this helps
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi CBR929,
          I did try it from my hard drive, but it wouldn't convert anything, just gave me a 1.4k file, that took about 15 seconds to generate.

Wear and tear isn't an issue with the optical drive though, they're only about £10. If it fails, I'll just replace it... but in 20 years working with PCs, I've never had an optical drive fail yet, they're pretty reliable.

I'll try that latest version, see how that does.

Thanks for the help.
          Lee

Comment

Just to update, that latest version works fine, or at least, it does on that problematic episode.

I thought it was going to do the same things as the FPS shot up to 257fps... but it just ran through the whole episode perfectly, at that speed. Pretty impressive to rip through a 47 minute episode, in just over 4 minutes, and that's straight from the DVD, at 960x524 resolution.

Nice work guys (and gals?).

Comment

Hi LeeC22
              Glad it worked for you.
              Here is a post by my friend GregiBoy http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=543 who is highly knowledgeable on converting.

CBR929
              Last edited by CBR929; 09-13-2011, 11:47 PM.
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
              X