Aspect Ratio Problem Ripping to MKV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Aspect Ratio Problem Ripping to MKV

Why is it taking a day for my posts to be approved? Is this not the official support forums for DVDFab? Surely there is a faster way considering I have paid for the privilege? I appreciate that sometimes bugs can cause problems in software, I am here to try and get a fix. I don't appreciate having to wait for moderator approval when I am seeking a speedy solution to my problems. It is so annoying!

Please can someone tell me why when using the remux.mkv profile to rip my blu-rays to mkv, DVDFab is altering the aspect ratio of the source video? The original source aspect ratio is 1.78:1. If I have set the cropped aspect ratio to disabled in video effect settings, why does the resultant mkv have bigger black bars top and bottom and less video on screen than from the blu-ray itself?

As stated in a previous thread (that has not been "approved" yet), I have checked around 15 or so mkv's I have ripped and all of them appear to have the wrong aspect ratio.

I have tried 8.1.1.2, 8.1.1.9, 8.1.2.0 all of them ignore the settings and increase the black bar size on the top and bottom of the video.

Please advise.

Originally posted by jackjohnson View Post
    Why is it taking a day for my posts to be approved? Is this not the official support forums for DVDFab? Surely there is a faster way considering I have paid for the privilege? I appreciate that sometimes bugs can cause problems in software, I am here to try and get a fix. I don't appreciate having to wait for moderator approval when I am seeking a speedy solution to my problems. It is so annoying!
    Blame the spammers of the world for the approval process. Your post is approved as soon as a moderator comes along and reads it. We are volunteers so we aren't checking every 5 minutes.

Originally posted by jackjohnson View Post
    Please can someone tell me why when using the remux.mkv profile to rip my blu-rays to mkv, DVDFab is altering the aspect ratio of the source video? The original source aspect ratio is 1.78:1. If I have set the cropped aspect ratio to disabled in video effect settings, why does the resultant mkv have bigger black bars top and bottom and less video on screen than from the blu-ray itself?

As stated in a previous thread (that has not been "approved" yet), I have checked around 15 or so mkv's I have ripped and all of them appear to have the wrong aspect ratio.

I have tried 8.1.1.2, 8.1.1.9, 8.1.2.0 all of them ignore the settings and increase the black bar size on the top and bottom of the video.

Please advise.
    Are the people squished (fatter than usual) when played back from the MKV? Take one scene played on the BD player and the MKV and look what is displayed on the right and left edges. It is possible that your BD player might be zooming in and you are loosing some parts of the picture for the sake of smaller black bars.

If the people are getting squished then you can look further at the BD structure to see what is throwing off DVDFab (with more help from people here).

Comment

Working...
    X