m2ts Audio Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) m2ts Audio Problems

When I rip a BD to m2ts with the Passthrough Profile, the audio will not play on Windows Media Player unless I use the AC-3/5.1 Audio. The problem is that only one of my BDs has AC-3/5.1 listed as a choice. The files play fine when using TotalMedia Theatre3, but I really want to be able to use WMP. I have 8.1.2.0. I thought this problem was fixed in this version. I really want to be able to use the Passthrough Profile because it is the highest quality video, and also the fastest to rip. Are there any codecs I can add to WMP that can allow it to play the audio? I have Windows 7-64 and WMP 12.

Hi hpilot,

It seems like your player is the cause of audio problem, can you check if your WMP12 supports to play DTS or DTS HD audio stream? Or you need to update the Video+audio codec for your WMP12.

Sincerely,
    ---
    Sunny

Comment

Originally posted by sunny View Post
      Hi hpilot,

It seems like your player is the cause of audio problem, can you check if your WMP12 supports to play DTS or DTS HD audio stream? Or you need to update the Video+audio codec for your WMP12.

Sincerely,
      ---
      Sunny
      Yes, that seems to be the case. I just downloaded Essentials Codec Pack. Unfortunately, I don't know much about how to install or work with codecs. It did include a copy of Media Player Classic, and that plays the files just fine. I guess I will have to do some more research on this. Thanks for the reply...

Comment

Your other option would be to convert the audio in that file from DTS-HD to AC3...that's what I do in order to stream it and play it with WMP. Downloaded a MUXer and AC3 converter to accomplish this.

Comment

BD Ripper m2ts Audio Problems

Ditto here but I use DVDFab to RIP to AC-3 audio format. I haven't found a DTS-HD codec yet for WMP11/12. Even one for purchase. If someone is aware of one, please post a URL.

Comment

Working...
          X