Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) max bitrate is 15mbps on mkv file

Hi

I`m new to dvdfab, want to take backup of my blurays on my computer with storing them as mkv files....but can only rip them with max 15mbps. I can see my blurays are in 20-25-30mbps bitrate, and I want them in the same bitrate on my mkv files.

Is this possbible or do I need another software?

Thanks for reading.

-John

Originally posted by John-Type View Post
    I want them in the same bitrate on my mkv files.
    Is this possbible or do I need another software?
    No John, you don't need another software. You just use "mkv.remux" profile to do so. What it does is takes BD container, opens it up, extracts streams you selected and packs them up into MKV container without any coding/re-coding. Please keep in mind however, size of mkv file you will get will be slightly smaller, but still fairly large. High bitrate and HD sound comes with price
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

A Variable Bitrate should be in the "to do" list of dvdfab programmer's staff. At least, that's what i've been told on this forum.

Comment

mkv variable size encoder

In response to the above question, is there a way to adjust file size, bitrate yet? I want to turn my BDs into 25GB but can't do that cause the 15mbps bitrate is too low but teh remux is usually bigger?

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus2k View Post
          A Variable Bitrate should be in the "to do" list of dvdfab programmer's staff. At least, that's what i've been told on this forum.
          Has this been accomplished yet? It's be nice to make mkv files that fit onto a BD-R 25GB...long story why I can tell if you want to know.

Comment

Working...
          X