Subtitles defaults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Subtitles defaults

Hello, I was wondering if you guys might have some ideas for an issues with subtitles I have been having. I want to know if there is a way to turn the subtitles to off by default.
    By this I mean I start the mkv I have made, and automatically the subs come on. Not a big deal, because I can shut them off pretty easily, but I must admit it gets really annoying after a while. I tried switching to "display only forced subpicture", but that takes them out all together unless they are speaking a different language. Is there an option to do this? If so, where is it? I would greatly appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    Blu-ray Ripper v8.1.2.7

Hi backlash,
    See the attached picture.
    Wish it helps.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Terry5
      Thanks for the response! I am wondering if this will simply cut out the subtitles all together? I do not want this, I just want them off by default. The way they are set up for me now, they display first then I have to shut them off. I want to set them to display when I need them to not automatically. Will this do that?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by backlash View Post
        I am wondering if this will simply cut out the subtitles all together?
        Yes, it will.
        I do not want this, I just want them off by default.
        Unfortunately, at this point you would need help of a little but very useful utility - mkvmerge. Please google it, download and install -it's free.
        Open your MKV with mkvmerge, select subtitle track and make sure "Default track flag" and "Forced track flag" are set for "no". Remux. It would take a couple of minutes and you will get what you want.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

thanks a lot definitely gonna try this out! appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
            Yes, it will.

Unfortunately, at this point you would need help of a little but very useful utility - mkvmerge. Please google it, download and install -it's free.
            Open your MKV with mkvmerge, select subtitle track and make sure "Default track flag" and "Forced track flag" are set for "no". Remux. It would take a couple of minutes and you will get what you want.
            Hey @IPopov, are you having a "Brain Fart"??

You don't even have to do this!!!

Just open the file using the mkvmerge "Header Editor" function, modify the flags and save. No remuxing, instantaneous!!!

NB: IIRC, Some "BORKED" software and hardware players do not parse/obey these flags!!!
            Last edited by GregiBoy; 11-02-2011, 05:49 AM.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

mkvmerge

I tried it this morning and found that I could get it to work but I had to remux it after I changed the file like ipopov50 was saying. I tried just changing the headers admittedly kind of confused since it wouldn't let me select the subtitles track I didn't know if it was in the audio or video track, probably is some way to do it, although I didn't figure it out! maybe you could point me to what needs to be changed.
              I tried to change and save them on both tracks and it didn't work.

So I loaded it up in the main file add area changed the VobSub settings remuxed it created a new file and works fine. Thanks for the help everyone!!!

Comment

I thought that the subs were contained within the file, not external.

The header editor allows you to modify headers within the file.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

files unreadable by my media player

help!!! well they worked alright on my vlc player but I just jumped on my media player and it looks like it renders the files unreadable by my patriot pbo core. I am not sure what it changes exactly because that media player is fully capable of reading mkv files.

Comment

What player is this?

Comment

pbo core

Patriot Memory is the top-tier gaming peripheral company dedicated to quality flash drives, memory cards, SSD's & more. Shop today.

Patriot PBO Core
                      specs listed:
                      (H.264,ISO, VOB, DivX, xVid, MKV, MOV, MPEG and more)

it ran the ones ripped in dvd fab not sure what changed!

P.S. appreciate the quick response!

Comment

It smells like your player will not support SUB/IDX subtitles held within the MKV.

A quick test for this is to open the MKV that will not play with the subtitles held in it, untick the subtitles and remux again.

If this file plays OK, it means that your player is borked!!!

Comment

I remuxed a file that had been changed, this time taking out the subtitle files. Still nothing but black while the soundtrack was playing, not sure what is wrong! It must change somthing with the video codec from the dvdfab 8.1.3.1 but not sure what it is or how to isolate it because they are both mkv files.

Comment

well, I downloaded a older version of the mkvtoolnix and they work with the player. Don't know exactly what was changed but my media player couldn't read whatever it was!

Comment

Working...
                            X