DVD Ripper vs. BD Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) DVD Ripper vs. BD Ripper

Why is it that my 8800GTX usage is 96% when encoding a DVD, but only 49% when I encode a BD? Same settings (avi.h264.mp3). I understand the time and FPS being different due to the size difference. But not sure why my GPU CUDA is so drastically different. I would think the BD option would use it more as it's a more tedious process.

Ideas?

Anyone got any ideas on this one?

Oh, and here is a fun pic. When was the last time you saw both CUDA and ATi Stream enabled at the same time? ;-)

Comment

Hi Hexen525,
      Please check Common Settings ->General->A/V Codec. As you know, most dvds are mpeg2 format and blu-rays are h264,vc1 and mpeg2. So please make sure the source type.
      For example BD h264 source, CUDA supports decode and encode, so the usage of CPU is low,but for DVD mepg2 source, CUDA just supports decode, so the usage of CPU is higner than BD.
      Wish it helps.

Comment

Hey Terry5, thanx for replying!!

I am aware of that. But my issue is converse. I am running MORE CUDA on mpeg2 DVDs than I am on h264 BDs. I would have figured it to be like you said, but it's not. I am at 96% usage on my GPU for DVDs, but just under 50% for BDs.

The pic really has nothing to do with this discussion. I was just floored when I saw the newest version of DVDFab actually would enable both my GPUs at teh same time ;-)

Comment

Working...
        X