PS3 AAC no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper PS3 AAC no sound

Hello everyone I recently started to rip my files using the PS3 profile. All of the files I ripped have no sound. The PS3 says its in AAC 5.1 the same. The source but no audio is present. The files play fine on my PC but no sound on the PS3

If you must use 5.1 do not exceed 256 kbps, I just finished Captain America using 5.1 @ 256 kbps and it's perfect (so far).
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

@90312 why wouldn't you want to use 5.1? Also tried using 256 and still can't get sound from the rip

Comment

I don't need it mostly, don't have any more than the stereo speakers on the TV. I usually downmix to stereo, but if you need 5.1 it does work on the PS3, at least on mine. I don't stream to it, gave that trick bag up long ago, I put a $50 500GB HDD in it and shuttle the movies over on a thumb drive. I have the FAT32 limitation but the grandkids don't seem to mind.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Nope tried it at 256 and still no sound this is very frustrating. I wish the profile editor let you do direct audio copy for the PS3 profile. Has anyone figured out how to fix this issue?

Comment

Do you guys have the PS3 connected via HDMI cable? If so I can walk you through setting the PS3 for 5.1, if not you are on your own. In any case I think you are going to have to look somewhere else because DVDFab works fine.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I do have it connected with the HDMI and it is setup to play AAC. If I run it through with DIVX AUDIO copy everything works fine on the PS3. I wanted to switch to the PS3 profile to save space on my NAS. So its something in the profile not the PS3. I am going to downgrade two versions to where the profile worked before and see if the profile works again.

Comment

Suit yourself, but as you can see from the snap of the PS3 screen it can and does play 5.1 made with DVDFab 8.1.3.2

Peace out!
                Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

I need to correct a mistake I made, when the PS3 is properly setup it will indeed play a file created with the PS3 profile using 5.1 @ 448 kbps version 8.1.3.2. Sorry for the misinformation.
                  Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

What PS3 config is that? "PS3 is properly setup"
                    No AAC? I'll give it a try
                    Last edited by kenshomi; 11-08-2011, 12:03 AM.

Comment

When I remove AAC I DO get sound - however it comes out equally from all 5 speakers.
                      I get the same result when I select stereo in dvdFab.

I think it may be time to build a HTPC and call it quits! The PS3 preset doesn't work.

Comment

Go to settings and down near the bottom is audio output settings, select HDMI then automaic and check the next page it should look like the snap in post #8. If the sound comes out equal from all speakers I wouldn't know like I said I only have stereo.

Albert Einstein

Comment

@90312 You are wise - the answer is in your message HDMI!
                          I had to switch to a HDMI input and change to bitstream in my PS3 Audio setup.

Thanks!!! I was going crazy!

Comment

Glad you got it sorted !

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X