Media extender issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Media extender issues

My issues revolve around playback using the xbox media center. When I am creating a backup using the xbox360 Hd profile and the movie has a English 5.1 as an option I have no problems, but if the movie only has truehd 5.1 DVDFab Crashes. As an alternative I started using the mkv.h264.ac3 and by following kdparton's direction in his "xbox media center playback solved" post and on a clean install of win7 and only the codecs from Divx I am getting mkv with 5.1 through the xbox. Unfortunately the file stutters, and has moments of pixelation. I have read some of the other posts regarding the stuttering in the mkv/h.264 combination, is there a solution to avoid that in future backups, and is there a solution to the wmv files and trueHd audio?
    Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

Hi cypma,
    Xbox do not support truehd audio. Give more inform about "the stuttering in the mkv/h264 combination".
    Thanks for your support.

Comment

Hi Cypma,

Are you playing your movies via a wired connection? or Wireless?

What Resolution / Bitrate are you encoding your movies? I tend to use 720p (1280 x 720) at 0.29 bits per pixel and they seem to play perfectly. A stuttering picture is mainly due to too little bandwidth available to stream the data.

There is an issue with the Media Foundation Splitter (windows 7) with dull colors like whites and greys pixellating, this is due to the codec allocating bits to more focal parts of the picture. A bit like Adaptive Quantization.

Comment

Originally posted by kdparton View Post
        Hi Cypma,

Are you playing your movies via a wired connection? or Wireless?

What Resolution / Bitrate are you encoding your movies? I tend to use 720p (1280 x 720) at 0.29 bits per pixel and they seem to play perfectly. A stuttering picture is mainly due to too little bandwidth available to stream the data.

There is an issue with the Media Foundation Splitter (windows 7) with dull colors like whites and greys pixellating, this is due to the codec allocating bits to more focal parts of the picture. A bit like Adaptive Quantization.
        Kdparton, I am playing back the files over a wired network, I am rendering the files in full 1920x1080 as I am playing back on a large screen size and want as much detail as possible. I am rendering with a video bitrate of 10000, and an audio bitrate of 256 5.1, My stutter problem occurs on the local machine with playback directly from the hard drive, so I do not believe it is a streaming or bandwith issue. I am using a win7 machine for my renders i72600 with 12gbs or ram, with software set for the decoding and Intelsync set for the encoding. Last night I ran Ratatouille the with similiar settings for the wmv, and mkv files. The wmv file was perfect while the mkv file stuttered. (when I say stutter there is just a minutiae of a flicker every couple of minutes.) I will try rerendering at 1280x720 and report the results. Thank you for the suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by cypma View Post
          Kdparton, I am playing back the files over a wired network, I am rendering the files in full 1920x1080 as I am playing back on a large screen size and want as much detail as possible. I am rendering with a video bitrate of 10000, and an audio bitrate of 256 5.1, My stutter problem occurs on the local machine with playback directly from the hard drive, so I do not believe it is a streaming or bandwith issue. I am using a win7 machine for my renders i72600 with 12gbs or ram, with software set for the decoding and Intelsync set for the encoding. Last night I ran Ratatouille the with similiar settings for the wmv, and mkv files. The wmv file was perfect while the mkv file stuttered. (when I say stutter there is just a minutiae of a flicker every couple of minutes.) I will try rerendering at 1280x720 and report the results. Thank you for the suggestions
          Well that was my next question, whether or not the movie played on the computer properly.

Try encoding the movie using software instead of IntelSync? not used it myself but if its anything like CUDA, it has the possibility to mess up encodes with the H.264 codec

Comment

Intel sync

Thanks for the suggestion, after switching the decoding to intel sync and setting the encoding to software, the stutter went away and the files look and sound great. I hope there are plans to continue to refine it's integration in dvdfab's encoding processes.

Comment

Ahh good stuff! enjoy your media extender

Comment

Working...
              X