Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper "Generic" makes bad copy

Hello, all,
    I'm using DVDFab 8.1.3.2 to rip my home movies off of home-made DVDs that were in turn copied from VHS tapes. I'm copying onto a PC laptop, with Windows Vista Home.

Using the Generic profile, the conversions come out with a lot of "loss" or digital "drop-out." This manifests in the form of lines of random pixels across the screen when playing back the resultant conversion files. You can see my movie, but much of it is covered up with these lines of random pixels. You do NOT see this when viewing the preview window before conversion starts, but you DO see it when viewing the "live" preview tab WHILE the conversion is taking place.

Am I using the wrong profile? If so, what profile should I use? (Oh, I also tried WMV and that did the same thing).

(I'll try to grab a frame and upload it to show you what I mean).

Hi Jimspy
    Please try the latest version found here DVDFab 8.1.3.3 Qt Beta
    If still having problems post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
    What are you using for your playback?
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I tried the Qt Beta and the same thing shows up.

I'll get to the log files tomorrow morning.

I'm using Windows Media Player for playback, but as I say, I can see the problem already in the "output" screen.

==JJS===

Comment

Originally posted by Jimspy View Post
        I tried the Qt Beta and the same thing shows up.

I'll get to the log files tomorrow morning.

I'm using Windows Media Player for playback, but as I say, I can see the problem already in the "output" screen.

==JJS===
        Well, it took me a few months to get back to this, but attached is the latest log.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jimspy View Post
          Well, it took me a few months to get back to this, but attached is the latest log.
          Here is the burn log.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X