Help with quality settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Help with quality settings

Looking for some input on how to produce high quality video. I currently stream(wi-fi) video to my direct tv box using tversity. I'm trying to keep video size around 2gb. I have been using the generic avi profile and setting the bitrate at 2500 but the quality is not still pretty bad. Seems real pixelated. Even when I changed the bitrate nothing happens, the output file size stays the same as with the quality. The tv is a 52in toshiba.

Any thoughts guys?

@hensonlf
    Well, lets start with resolution. What res of your 52" TV? What resolution setting for your video conversions? You know that bitrate is not the most important factor in video quality, right?
    What is bit/pixel ratio of your video?
    Also, you should be aware of cons of WiFi streaming. This is not the best way of transmitting HD content!
    I thing enough for starters... answer these questions and we will go from there.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

As IPopov said, Wi-Fi is less than optimal and TVersity usually transcodes files.

Try the same file plugged into the box on a USB stick.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I apologize guys I'm pretty green to all this. The TV is 1080p...is that what you were looking for? Bits/Pixel is .294 and resolution is 720x310.

Comment

OK, here we go.
          The native resolution of your file is good for a smartphone, or some other mobile device or small (old) TV. Your TV is too big for this resolution and not powerful enough. Just think about it, your TV have to upconvert your "skinny" video up to 1080 on a fly.
          Combination of limited stream and huge gap in resolution creates pixelation and other artifacts.
          What I would suggest is to try
          A) hardwire your source (as my friend GregiBoy suggested), and/or
          B) re-code your content to 1080 (or at least 720) resolution.
          In this case your TV will have enough quality stream and don't have to work so hard trying stretch limited stream of small resolution content
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I've found that in order to stream to my directv box the video needed to be transcoded to be compatible. Tversity handles this for you. The issue is the quality of the transcoded stream. The directv boxes just don't handle high bitrate streams and picture quality suffers.

Comment

RClark: I agree. Seems to be a difficult task finding the best settings.

I am looking into different media players like the wester digital ones...just need the cash to get one lol!

IPopov50: What setting do I change to increase the resolution to 1080? Would it have to be a custom setting? I am currently trying it with a frame resolution of 1080x466.

Comment

Well, you are up the proverbial creek without a paddle then or buy a proper media Player for around a hundred bux.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

To improve WiFi speed over coax cable

Imagine a wifi signal as if it were a wave coming onto the beach. Sometimes the signal is good analagous to the crest of the wave and sometimes the signal is bad analagous to the trough of the wave.

If you have cable internet (Verizon, Comcast), one way to improve Wifi speed with out buying Gigabit router is to install a MoCA adapter. It is super easy. However you may need two, depending on your router. I will let you do the research. My wifi speed to my PS3 tripled after installing one of these.

Good luck

fishinggent

Comment

Working...
                  X