Help with settings for Galaxy S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Help with settings for Galaxy S2

Anyone know the correct settings to choose for H.264 mp4 that plays on the Galaxies? I've tried almost all of them and tried importing video that works into the profile creator and it still doesn't play.

Did you mean the Samsung Galaxy smartphone?
    With the error, "Sorry, this video cannot be played"?

Comment

Yes, I keep getting that error on every h.264 profile I select or make in the editor.

Comment

Hi there,
        Please create a mpeg4 video codec profile and try again.
        Launch ProfileEditor->Create profile->Format->MP4->MP4(Mpeg4).
        Wish it helps.

Comment

Well mpeg4 works, but everyone is constantly talking about how h.264 is better and gives smaller file sizes and how I should be using those settings. Any profile I make using h.264 says it cannot be played on the Galaxy. Is this an incorrect assumption?

Does it have anything to do with the media info saying "Main@l3.." instead of "Baseline@l3"? I don't know anything about it, but it's really the only difference between h.264 files that work and don't work on the galaxy according to mediainfo.

This is all new to me and all I want is to make the smallest size BD rips as possible with the best video quality that will play on my Galaxy. I apologize if this is a noobish question. The search in this forum doesn't result in anything helpful but to make a new profile for your device.

Comment

I never could get H.264 / MPEG4 to work on my wife's Samsung Galaxy. It seemed to be a common complaint with the native / built-in Samsung video player. The recommended player from the Android Market was the Mobo Video Player. The Mobo played the EXACT same video rips from DVDFab that the native Samsung Galaxy video player would NOT play (!!). Very weird, but fortunately the Mobo Video Player solved the problem. Don't know why the Samsung video player didn't like DVDFab's rips to MPEG4 / H.264.

Comment

Dvdfab support finally responded back and said they have brought the baseline profile problem up with their research and development. Long story short, they said for right now I need to use handbrake for now. This sucks because I only have dvd and bluray ripper. I don't have the passkey license.

Comment

Working...
              X