Errors Ripping Star Wars Clone Wars Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Errors Ripping Star Wars Clone Wars Season 3

I convert these by first ripping the Blu-ray to a folder on my desktop. THen I drag-drop the folder onto DvdFab and start a Blu-ray rip to WMV file. I know to pick the chapters 1-4 are episode 1 for example.

However, unlike the first 2 seasons, these are failing - exactly 1 minute before the end of the episode, the video freezes and the audio continues on to the end.

I can see it happen in the preview window, and it affects the resultant wmv files whether i play it back on the PC or on my xbox.

Any clues as to what is wrong? THanks for the help!

Hi menkalos,
    Star war season 3 is REVENGE OF THE SITH but season 2 is ATTACK OF THE CLONES. So please post the latest internal log here for more info are needed.

Comment

No, not the movies, the Clone Wars TV series. Seasons 1 and 2 ripped fine. Season 3 with a much newer version of DVDFab caused each individual episode to lock up the video (not the audio) with exactly one minute to go.

I just upgraded to the latest build, and the problem did not repro on my latest movie, so maybe it won't on the episodes of Episode 3. I'll try again and let you know.

Comment

It did still repro - so it appears to be only these few TV show episodes, not all movies. I attached the log. It appears to run fine all the way through, but the finished WMV file has the video freeze approximately 1 minute from the end.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi menkalos
          Please Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and try again.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I tried episode one again with those settings. It made no difference. All GPU codecs are disabled. I also tried disabling the "Lightning Recoding" option, in case that made a difference. I also went back and tried one of the episodes from season 1 and one episode from season 2. NO problems on those - but every episode of season 3 has this problem -video freezes between 60 and 50 seconds from the end.

I also tried several movies - no problems with those either. It has to be something about the way these discs were encoded. :-(

Comment

Hi menkalos,
              DVDfab 8135 QT beta is out and please try it.

Comment

I'll try it, but I sure don't see anthing that indicates a bug fix around this. :-(

Comment

Ok. the new 8.1.3.5 did not fix anything. Also, I went back and tried to rip some episodes from Seasons 1 and 2 that did not exhibit this problem. They now do - every episode that I rip now freezes the video about 50-60 seconds before the end. So this has to be a bug that was introduced in recent builds. It used to not do this. Please fix it back again!

Comment

I installed the older build 8.0.8.5, and the problem GOES AWAY. So this error is something that was introduced since then and still exists in the latest beta build.

Comment

Working...
                    X