Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best settings for ripping blue-ray movies to my hard drive?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) What are the best settings for ripping blue-ray movies to my hard drive?

I have a PS3 and would like to rip my blue-ray movies to my hard drive with 5.1 audio.What are the best settings to use.I noticed movies on icefilms have dolby digital 5.1. How is this done?

Hi vid53,
    If you wants dolby digital 5.1, you can use BD ripper to m2ts.passthrough.
    If you don't care the audio format, you can use BD ripper to ps3.mp4.hd.
    Wish it helps.

Comment

Is there another way that wont have such a big file?

Comment

You could turn down the bitrate or file size on a compressed format that you know your player can play. Upon bringing the source content in select only the main video, ac3 3/5.1,and but deselect any subs already preselected unless you need them. Then pick a profile like mp4 or mkv from down bottom and then go into edit it with 'edit' tab. Now go deeper in under 'video effect settings' and let it autocrop under 'crop' tab such that you get rid of black bar content which would use more space or hamper your quality. Back in the main edit window select file size that you can live with and test it out.

Comment

How do i get downloaded movies from icefilms and they are only 3gb with dolby digital 5.1?

Comment

Sorry have never used that actually but it looks like it is a site that provides links to illegally distributed 3rd party content and also offers scripts to play them automatically. If you already been doing the scripting method I would assume the actual downloaded files are still or have been somewhere on your system. You could run a search of your system to find them if you do not know where such downloads are being kept. Looks like to download the raw video without playing you just click on the megaupload links provided to download the actual video file, you then would need to convert such video file to another format if your ps3 does not play them. I do not know whatsoever what format flavors the ps3 plays but I would assume you already know such and whether it plays divx encoded files or not. Just convert them to a known format you know does play.

Comment

Hi vid53
              Unless you legally own a disc and are making a back up so that it does not get destroyed, you may post your problems on this forum.
              Please give this a read through before posting again on this forum
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

This is the second thread closed because of vid53 discussing illegal use of the software.

Some people are slow learners.

Comment

Sorry G missed that.
                  1 Year ago, they never learn.
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                  X