Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Titles Fail when ripping to MKV but WORK when doing COPY then MKV...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Some Titles Fail when ripping to MKV but WORK when doing COPY then MKV...

I'm not sure what's going on here:

Using 8.1.2.6 Qt On Windows 7 x64:

I tried ripping the Twilight (2008) (Main Movie Only) and I had a lot of read errors with it when trying to rip to MKV. Eventually I gave up and tried to just to copy it (again Main movie only), ignoring all read errors and I would work out what to do with it later. I was surprised how quickly it copied...

I then used this as the source for my MKV and it worked fine.

Using: 8.1.3.2 Qt on Windows 7 x64:

I then had the same problem with Twilight: New Moon, it absolutly would not read properly, LOADS of read errors. However as soon as I set it to Copy only, it was fine, no read errors, no problems and very fast. Then when I encoded the files from the disk to MKV, again everything was fine.

I have had one disc that did this previously but I cannot remember exactly what it was, and I resolved it the same way.

It seems to me there must be something wrong with the MKV rip setup because I am reading and writing to the same hardware/software in all cases the only thing that is different is what I tell the software to do.

Or is the method I am using simply ignoring the read errors and dumping them to my source by default? I would still expect it to log or show those errors though...

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks,

Darkheart

Hi Darkheart,
    Please click the green "√" on the right top and go to common settings page, DVD/Blu-ray->Read, select "Ignore all reading errors automatically" and try again.
    Enjoy yourself!

Comment

Most do pull the content onto hard disk first with any number of tools and then do their authoring or transcoding work.. Everything tends to works faster and more reliably that way..

Comment

Working...
      X