m4v files in 5.1 surround sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) m4v files in 5.1 surround sound

When will the BD / DVD rippers be updated to be able to rip to m4v files in full 5.1 surround sound for appleTV 2's. The only reason I purchased this software was so that I could rip all my blu-rays and dvds (over 3000) as m4v files to store on a hard drive and be able to access them through itunes and my appleTV 2 and not have to spend all the time searching all the dvd shelves to find and watch a particular movie. I was quite disappointed the first time I ripped a movie to m4v and found that it was only in 2 channel stereo and even more so when I found that there was no option to rip it in m4v 5.1 sound. I searched the internet and found software that will rip to m4v 5.1 sound. [removed] is one software I found that will but when I used it I again found another problem. If I rip the movie as a mkv file with DVD FAB so that I can convert it to m4v 5.1 sound using 'Handbrake', it will fail. But, if I rip the movie to a mkv file using [removed], for example, I end up with a mkv file that works in [removed] and am able to create a m4v file that is in 5.1 surround sound that works perfectly through my appleTV 2 and home theater system. Please let us know if or when the software will be updated to be able to create m4v 5.1 surround rips.
    Last edited by Complication; 11-28-2011, 10:48 PM. Reason: Forum rules

Non-allowed software references removed. You might consider paragraph breaks in the future to make your posts easier to read.

Comment

Hi Maiisoh,
      Try the latest build 8135 QT beta, which integrated ProfileEditor. Use ProfileEditor and create profiles you want.
      Enjoy yourself.

Comment

Hi Terry,

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately I tried creating profiles 6 times this morning and ripped the movie 6 times with the 6 profiles and I still have not come up with one that will play on Apple TV 2 in surround sound. I sent an email to your tech support so hopefully they will be able to come up with something that will work.

Again, thank you.

Rick

Comment

Working...
        X