Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'This AVI file is broken' error, need advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 'This AVI file is broken' error, need advice?

Hi Guys,
    I have been getting this error on a few movies now and its becoming slightly annoying.

When I play the movie with VLC Player after clicking the Repair button it does repair the movie file and plays the movie fine, however when I play it with WMC the last 20 minutes or so of the film dont play.

Any ideas?

nobody have any ideas?

Comment

Surely I am not the only person thats come across this problem

I went through my DVD collection and the following movies all came up with the same problem: -

1. Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides
      2. The DaVinci Code
      3. The Ghost Writer
      4. X-Men First Class

Comment

Hi JaseUK,
        Please try avi(2gb) profile. Do not use avi(2gb-) profile. It will fix your issue.
        Enjoy yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
          Hi JaseUK,
          Please try avi(2gb) profile. Do not use avi(2gb-) profile. It will fix your issue.
          Enjoy yourself.
          Thankyou for the advice, I will go try it

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
            Hi JaseUK,
            Enjoy yourself.

I have the same problem, but maybe I have a different version. 8.1.3.5 I have Generic.avi profiles with (2Gb-), Generiv avi(2Gb-) and without, Generic avi.
            I am not which version is for files greater than 2Gb, but I am currently using the Generic avi, without the (2Gb-). I haven't had as much of a problem for a while, but I also haven't had time to do much converting.

Comment

Floyd I have started using the profile 'generic.avi.h264.audiocopy and you are right it doesnt have -2gb in the title. I also havent had any problems since.

Comment

Working...
              X