What settings to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper What settings to use

I’m new to ripping. I would like to pull movies from a DVD to PS3, Xbox, iPod, and iPad. Each option has a few different profiles. However I’m not sure which the best to use is.

I’m confused as to what the bitrate should be and what the frame resolution should be. I probably need help understanding what the framerate should be as well. I’m really just looking to get the best quality I can with a realistic file size. I’ve seen .avi files that are around 1GB with pretty good quality. I think a size of 1 – 2GB would be fine.

One other quick question, what does QT mean? Thanks for your help.

Hi kride,
    Different profile is for different purpose. You can select a profile and then goto conversion settings page to see its discription.
    QT is a development platform. DVDFab is developed on it.
    Enjoy yourself.

Comment

Basic Principles (DVD not BluRay):-

Maintain resolution of original source
      Bitrate, I usually use 1100 as a start point but have sneaked up to 1800 for a title with fast action movement.
      Audio depends on what your target device will support.
      Use H264 rather than XVid if device supports it
      Use DD5.1 Audiocopy if your device supports it

I don't think you will get a "One Size Fits All" solution for your mix of devices but will have to do multiple encodes.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
      X