XBox360 WMV profile audio out of sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) XBox360 WMV profile audio out of sync

I have been having issues with a bunch of BD rips having out of sync audio using the XBox360 WMV (wma10).
    I have followed other suggestions like ripping disc to hard drive first, lowering the audio bit rate. software only. I rarley get a successful backup for WMV's.
    Here is what is in the dvdfab_internal.log when I tried to do Star Trek Nemesis
    ------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

552m 59.85s: info: create config(5)
    552m 59.85s: info: convert profile(xbox360.wmv.wma10)
    552m 59.85s: info: bluray playlist(101),angle(0),chapter(1->24),3D(0)
    552m 59.85s: info: streams((4113.2)(4352.2))
    552m 59.85s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
    552m 59.85s: info: enable multi-thread software decoder
    552m 59.98s: info: processing source(01002.m2ts)
    752m 29.25s:

------ finish mobile work ------

The audio was about 1 second out of sync making it unwatchable.

Anyone have suggestions on how to get WMV audio and video synchronized?

Other movies that have audio about 1 second out of sync with video:
    Bridesmaids
    Toy Story 2

Also, I would use m2ts but the xbox doesn't read that stream at all on some movies. The receiver's 5.1 chanel lights just flicker. I'll start a separate thread for m2ts issues.
    Thanks,
    Jay
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64, 6-Core AMD, 16GB RAM

Since I have heard nothing from anyone on this I figured it has to be a problem with my particular setup. I installed VLC video player and the files played correctly but had an audio sync problem when I used WMP. This pointed me to it being a problem with my installation of Windows Media Player (WMP) and Windows Media Center (WMC) and how it is interpretting the video/audio stream; which means codes. I was using the "out of the box" Windows 7 codecs and video configuration. I am assuming a windows update changed something a while back that caused audio/video sync issue because this didn't seem to be an issue last summer.

I was able to resolve nearly all my a/v sync problems with wmv and m2ts by reinstalling the codecs on the Windows Media Center PC. Specifically, the ffdshow codecs (ffdshow_rev3996_20111013). I unchecked VFW Interface and checked DXVA Video Decoder. I selected 5.1 as my sound setup for my PC. I assume the XBox360 then uses these codecs to process and display the movie.
    I also made changes to the Windows Media Player (WMP) performance settings. Open WMP, Click on Organize, then Options, then the performance tab. Check "Drop frames to keep audio and video synchronized" and "Turn on DirectX Video Acceleration for WMV files"
    I unchecked "Use video smoothing".
    Movies that were previously out of sync are now working fine. I thought it was the BD Ripper, but it turned out to be the codecs on the WMC PC.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. Enjoy yourself.

Comment

Did you get your ffdshow from the sourceforge.jp site?

Originally posted by jfreise View Post
        Since I have heard nothing from anyone on this I figured it has to be a problem with my particular setup. I installed VLC video player and the files played correctly but had an audio sync problem when I used WMP. This pointed me to it being a problem with my installation of Windows Media Player (WMP) and Windows Media Center (WMC) and how it is interpretting the video/audio stream; which means codes. I was using the "out of the box" Windows 7 codecs and video configuration. I am assuming a windows update changed something a while back that caused audio/video sync issue because this didn't seem to be an issue last summer.

I was able to resolve nearly all my a/v sync problems with wmv and m2ts by reinstalling the codecs on the Windows Media Center PC. Specifically, the ffdshow codecs (ffdshow_rev3996_20111013). I unchecked VFW Interface and checked DXVA Video Decoder. I selected 5.1 as my sound setup for my PC. I assume the XBox360 then uses these codecs to process and display the movie.
        I also made changes to the Windows Media Player (WMP) performance settings. Open WMP, Click on Organize, then Options, then the performance tab. Check "Drop frames to keep audio and video synchronized" and "Turn on DirectX Video Acceleration for WMV files"
        I unchecked "Use video smoothing".
        Movies that were previously out of sync are now working fine. I thought it was the BD Ripper, but it turned out to be the codecs on the WMC PC.
        Did you get your ffdshow from the sourceforge.jp site?

Comment

Working...
        X