Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVD to Ipad 2 settings

Hi

I was trying to convert DVD to Ipad2 . I used the "IPad" option and "Ipad.h.264" profile . I was able to rip the DVD but the quality of the output was not that good. Also it did not fill the full Ipad screen . i Saw black strips on top and the bottom .

Is there something I can do to have better quality IPad 2 movies and show it on the whole screen?

It depends on the aspect ratio that the movie was composed at whether you see the "Black Bars". Fab retains exactly how the movie was authored.

Also, try upping your bitrate.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      It depends on the aspect ratio that the movie was composed at whether you see the "Black Bars". Fab retains exactly how the movie was authored.

Also, try upping your bitrate.
      Hi

I apologize I don't follow. I have a DVD which I copied to my hard drive using "DVD Fab copy" . I am then using that as an input to convert it to Ipad2 . I would think that everything should be optimized for me to get a high quality full screen Ipad movie?

Comment

Well, all I can say is that your assumptions are incorrect.

iPad 2 resolution directly from the Apple site:-
        1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi)
        This is a 4:3 aspect ratio or the same as old CRT TV's

Most PAL DVD's are composed at 720 x XXX pixels, NTSC slightly differently but only minor.

If the DVD is 16:9 ratio, it will be ~ 720 x 400 pixels, widescreen can be anything from 16:9 (720 x 400) to 1:2.45 (720 x 294). Read the aspect ratio on the DVD case.

A 720 x 295 title when upscaled to the iPad 2 would be ~1024 x 408 pixels which then causes the black bars top and bottom.

If you expand the display to show full height but keep the width, you will get skinny tall people, etc, etc....

I have tried to be very simplistic here and hope you can understand this.

GB.
        Last edited by GregiBoy; 12-28-2011, 02:08 AM.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Maybe this attachment will help, remember the iPad is a 4:3 display.
          Attached Files
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks Mate... Good graphic explanation... Even I can unnerstan dat!!!

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            Maybe this attachment will help, remember the iPad is a 4:3 display.

Comment

@trying

Capisce???

Comment

PS: Do not upscale within Fab. Leave the iPig do it in it's own hardware/software.

Comment

Hey

Thanks for your help . Appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                  X