Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is best way to rip blu ray without loss of quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) what is best way to rip blu ray without loss of quality?

i have been new to ripping or burning blu rays, i havent burnt a full blu ray disc, i been wanting to make back up copies for my blu ray movies. I notice when i copy a full disc to my computer it would come to 30-46gb, but when i rip a blu ray it comes out to only 5gb and i notice the video quality isnt as good, i rip movies onto my harddrive to view on my ps3, what is the best method of ripping blu ray movies and get 100% quality to save on my harddrive to view on my ps3

what is best way to rip blu ray without loss of quality?

I want to convert my blu ray discs to mkv,but when I do that I notice the movie is significantly smaller in size(from 30 gb to 5-8gb)and the video/audio quality isn't as good as the blu ray?what is the best way to accomplish ripping a blu ray to view on a ps3 through a harddrive without loss of quality

Comment

With a PS3, forget it!!!
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The official firmware of PS3 doesn't support MKV format. So give up it. But you can use the profile "ps3.mp4.hd" which is playable and nice.

Comment

The PS3 does support streamed M2TS files with H264. The problem is that it will not accept the audio higher than AC3 from a file or streamed source (must be disc). If your source Blu-ray content is H264 (DVDFab shows you when selecting the title number) then you can use a custom profile available here on the forums (mt2s.videocopy.ac3 or something) to get the original video quality while converting the audio to AC3. If you source has VC-1 vidoe then I recommend the M2TS high quality profile using 10,000bps.

Comment

PS3 M2TS Files

Hi --- I have tried this method out and the problem is that the Audio and Video are out of synch when converting to M2TS with AC3 --- Synchronisation is okay at first but gets gradually worse as the movie progress - I've tried all sorts of things but nothing has worked so far. This is true of playback on my PC with VLC and through the PS3 - I'm sure this problem has been reported before by others. I use HD Decrypter to transfer 'Main Movie' to my HD and then carry out conversions from there. Any suggestions to get rid of the A/V sync problem would be welcome

Comment

Working...
            X