This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with Nova's "Battle of the X-Planes"

I've been trying to rip a mobile version of the DVD "Battle of the X-Planes" for my PVP. When I tried ripping from the disc, the Encoding FPS would start at 0.15 FPS, and slowly drop down to zero. I've tried letting it go for 20 minutes, but nothing happened. I even tried ripping the DVD to a file on my computer using DVD to DVD (Full Disc) [which worked fine], and ripping the mobile file from that, but had the same exact problem. I tried using DVD to DVD (Customize), checking only the main movie; same problem. I've even tried ripping the movie to an ISO file using DVD Decrypter, and ripping the image to mobile; same problem. I've got PathPlayer enabled, and everything in its default setting.
    The disc itself says that it has Macromedia Flash Enabled, and Macromedia Shockwave. The disc previews fine before ripping, so DVDFab can see the information. I'm using DVDFab 6.2.0.5, and this is the only disc I'm having problems with (I've literally ripped over 1000 of my DVDs to my PVP, a Creative Zen Vision W (which is the profile I use).
    Here is the information from the disc:
    Info for folder [D:\DVDs\Customize\NOVA_X_PLANES\VIDEO_TS\] (DVDFab 6.2.0.5)

Disc type: Video DVD
    Disc region: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
    Video standard: NTSC

CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is not found.
    RC (Region Code) protection is not found.
    RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is not found.
    APS (Analog Protection System) protection is not found.
    UOPs (User Operation Prohibitions) protection is not found.

Invalid PTTs protection is not found.
    Invalid PGCIs protection is not found.
    Invalid PGCs protection is not found.
    Invalid TMAPs protection is not found.
    Invalid CELLs protection is not found.
    Invalid VOBUs protection is not found.
    Fake vts protection is not found!
    Bad sector protection is not found!
    Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is not found.

PathPlayer is enabled!
    Unplayable cell is not found.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks (in advance).
    RoadRunner
    Last edited by RoadRunner; 11-28-2009, 12:02 AM. Reason: Added additional information

This sounds very similar to problems encountered on many older Music Video DVD's and is caused by the streams being non-standard.

The only way I have ever got around it is to use a Video Editing tool (I use Ulead Video Studio), import the DVD into a project and then write it out to using a standard DVD profile.

Sorry I can't be more positive but I must have done at least 30 of these that displayed a similar problem and this was the only workaround that I was able to come up with.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
    X