MP4 settings for steaming on Sony BDP-BX58

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper MP4 settings for steaming on Sony BDP-BX58

I am totally baffled. I have tried many combinations with the MP4 rip settings and have had no success. I recently bought a Sony DVD player that streams. The MP4 starts playing for 15-20 seconds with sound, then the sound drops out. Picture is perfect. The file plays on my laptop and Motorola Xoom. The only thing I can think of is ripping to an AVI. Anyone have any suggestions? I’d like to only have to rip the DVD once to something that will play on the Droid tablet, PC and Sony.

I found that ripping to AVI works for my Sony BDP, but I can't get video that doesn't look really compressed. I want to watch on my 42" 720P plasma, but the AVI looks worse than the original DVD. What settings should I use to rip a good looking movie?

Comment

Stephen67, sounds like the original disk is protected by Cinavia and the Sony player won't play the audio. Google Cinavia and check it out.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

I have used DVDFab to copy them and also do a DVD9 rip to disk so all the VOB's etc are clean. Sony support told me the only DLNA files supported are AVI, but the specs call out:

Video
        AVCHD Disc Format Forlder:
        BD/DVD/CD/USB/DLNA
        MPEG-1 Video/PS (.mpg .mpeg, .m2ts,.mts): BD/DVD/CD/USB/DLNA
        MPEG-2 Video/PS, TS ( .mpg.mpeg, .m2ts,.mts): BD/DVD/CD/USB/DLNA
        MPEG-4 AVC (.mkv, .mp4, .m4v, .m2ts,.mts): BD/DVD/CD/USB/DLNA
        WMV9 (.wmv, .asf): BD/DVD/CD/USB/DLNA

I found a tool called MediaInfo. It's funny MP4 files that were created with Quicktime seem to work.

Comment

This is not a PS3, it is a Sony 3D Blueray player. I suppose they might have it built in but the only file effected is the MP4, AVI's M2TS and MKV formats work, just the picture is poor. I thought it had something to do with the profile because I had a problem ripping to my Motorola Xoom tablet. The solution was use the Ipad profile and rename the file to MP4.

Comment

Glad you got it going. I was guessing since you said it played on the xoom and Sony just loves that Cinavia crap.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

I haven't got it fixed. I keep reading in here and trying different settings. But a MP4 still will not play audio neyong 20 seconds.

Comment

What happens when you play the MP4 on a PC? Does the Video still cut out?

Comment

It works fine on the PC, tablet and cellphone. Sony player is the only thing dropping audiom and it is only MP4 format. I am thinking maybe it something with audio setting i.e Dolby 5.1 etc..

Comment

Working...
                  X