Problems with new Saumsung drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Problems with new Saumsung drive

Hopefully I'm putting this in the right forum but I'm having issues ripping Blu-ray discs with my new Samsung "TSSTcorp SH-B123L" Blu-ray drive in my desktop.

When it does work it works great is a much faster drive and more tolerant to disc errors than what is in my HTPC but a good 70% of the time I can't even open the disc. While DVDFab is trying the title is corrupt with all kinds odd characters, and it usually returns an error simply stating it can't open the disc and to check to make sure its readable. If I put the disc in my HTPC I'm able to open it no problem but the rip is slower and the drive it self seems more sensitive to disc condition.

Given that the drive works on some discs I think the drive is OK but I'm not sure what else could be going on.

Hi Operandi
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Alright, here it goes.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Operandi,
        Update your fab to the lastest version 8153 QT beta and then try it again. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
          Hi Operandi,
          Update your fab to the lastest version 8153 QT beta and then try it again. Thanks.
          I will give that a shot, thanks!

Comment

So I’ve discovered that the previous version (not sure which one it was anymore) of DVD Fab was working sort of. It just wouldn’t open the discs in a consistent manner but if I ejected the disc and attempted to open it enough times it would eventually work. The newest version (8.1.6.1) works much better but I still get the same errors once in a while, it seems pretty random.

Either way I consider my issue resolved but there is still something going on. It almost seems like DVD Fab is trying to read the disc before the drive has initialized it (or something?).

Comment

Working...
            X