Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot extract Cars or 101 Dalmatians - Disney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Cannot extract Cars or 101 Dalmatians - Disney?

Any help is appreciated!

When I attempt to extract Cars or 101 Dalmatians (have extracted other, non-Disney titles successfully with previous versions) I get the same incorrect result.

The process finishes successfully, but when I play the file it is just a black screen for the entire length. The file size is ~1.5G

I am using latest version of DVD Fab DVD/Bluray Ripper Qt 8.1.5.8
    Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

The machine is a Core2 e8400 with an nvidia 9500 GT based video card, and I have selected cuda processing.

I am using the XBOX wma10 profile, with the only change from default being that I have checked the deinterlace box and set the audio to 192kbps.

I have however tried the xbox wma9 option, toggled deinterlace, tried mkv rip profile etc etc everything I have tried has exactly the same result.

Here is the internal log (there are no other log files in the logs folder):
    Code:
    DVDFab 8.1.5.8 (2012/01/19  23:04:13)

0m 00.92s: Qt Translator file load success 
     0m 00.95s: Load config successful.
     0m 01.03s: Init profile data driver sucessful.
     0m 03.07s: Init GPU settings sucessful.
     0m 03.07s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2dvd 1 file2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
     0m 03.07s: dvd2dvd:dvd2mobile:blu-ray2blu-ray:blu-ray2mobile:blu-ray23d:blu-ray2dvd:file2mobile:file2dvd:file2bluray:
     0m 03.26s: Config ExBar successful.
     0m 03.26s: dvd2dvd have 5 elements.
     0m 03.37s: dvd2mobile have 5 elements.
     0m 03.48s: blu-ray2blu-ray have 4 elements.
     0m 03.51s: blu-ray2mobile have 8 elements.
     0m 03.69s: blu-ray23d have 7 elements.
     0m 03.83s: blu-ray2dvd have 1 elements.
     0m 03.85s: file2mobile have 27 elements.
     0m 04.49s: file2dvd have 1 elements.
     0m 04.52s: file2bluray have 1 elements.
     0m 05.08s: Config work ui controls successful.
     0m 05.18s: Init burn engine successful.
     0m 05.22s: StartNotify successful.
     0m 05.70s: detected dvd
     0m 05.78s: drive D
     0m 05.78s: dvd type 1
     0m 05.78s: volume label CRZ0NNW7
     0m 06.09s: got copyright 1 fe
     0m 06.53s: got udf/iso
     0m 09.93s: got discinfo
     0m 09.93s: pathplayer enabled
     0m 58.79s: got dvdinfo
     0m 58.93s: opened dvd
     0m 34.26s: 

------  begin mobile work(1/1)  ------

0m 34.28s: info: create config(0)
     0m 34.28s: info: convert profile(xbox360.default)
     0m 34.28s: info: dvd playlist(23),angle(0),chapter(1->33),3D(0)
     0m 34.28s: info: streams((480.2)(128.2))
     0m 38.64s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
     0m 38.97s: try to use gpu acceleration(1) for video decoding
     0m 38.97s: CUDA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled
     0m 36.89s: 

------  finish mobile work  ------

Hi braddo_99
    Does the movie play back on your computer, and if not what are you using for your player on computer?

Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVD Fab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and try again.

Please do not convert from your drive
    First save it to your HDD as DVD9 "Main Movie" without compression.
    Then open the hard drive folder and use the folder on your HDD to do your converting.
    Doing it this way saves wear and tear on your optical drive and is also faster.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks CBR - I'm not sure how to save to the HDD as DVD9? I've seen recommendations for that, but don't know if my license (rippers) allows this function.

Comment

Hi braddo_99
        You would use the DVD Copy function if you have the paid or free HD Decrypter option.
        If paid option open Fab pick DVD Copy, Main Movie, DVD9 output on the bottom of screen, your "target" will be a folder.

If free HD Decrypter you will use the same method.

Then you would use the folder on your HDD for your converting.

The only difference between the Paid and Free version is that if the movie is newer the paid version will be able to handle the new encryptions and the free version you would have to wait until it is supported, usually 60-90 days.

Hope this helped.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that. But, it should actually work straight from the drive right?

Comment

Originally posted by braddo_99 View Post
            Thanks, I'll try that. But, it should actually work straight from the drive right?
            Hi braddo_99

Yes, but this is how us members figured out it was quicker and also saves you from killing your drive prematurely.

You may also give my friend GregiBoy's best practices thread a read through, found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=543
            CBR929

Comment

Thanks, but need more help

CBR, thanks for your help. I had previously read the best practices link but, as I said, I licensed DVD and Bluray ripper for life, so I assumed those would be used for ripping.

It seems my license allowed me to use DVD Copy to create a file. But then the next step I think is to use the Video Converter. This one seems is not licensed since it asked if I wanted to "try" it and there's a DVDFab watermark.

If the recommended approach is not to use the rippers then I wonder if I can trade my licenses for the ones that work?

Then also, I'm wondering, is it the DVD Copy step that removes the DRM?

Comment

Hi braddo_99
                You will not use the Video Converter option, you would use the "Ripper" option after you have copied your movie from disc to your HDD.

Converting from your drive creates a bottle neck.

Your drive is constantly reading and converting from your drive, "going back and forth like a ping pong" which will prematurely kill your drive, that is why we tell members to first copy the movie to your HDD and convert from there.

DVD Fab removes the copy protection on your disc so the you may make a backup copy or convert to various formats to meet your needs and devices.

I suggested that you use the DVD copy mode because these were older movies and you would not have to wait for newer encryptions to be supported so that you may do what you were asking.

The paid version of DVD and Blu-Ray Copy functions will allow you to remove the latest encryptions, compress, and burn to disc.

The free version will allow you to remove encryptions but, if it is a new movie you will have to wait until it is supported, you will not be able to compress, or burn to disc, you would have to use third party software.

Hope this helps
                CBR929
                Last edited by CBR929; 01-21-2012, 06:17 PM.

Comment

OK thanks. So not sure if I made that clear, but I purchased a long term license for both DVD Ripper and Bluray Ripper, which cost something like $200, can't quite remember.

From your description, it sound like the best way to use the tools is to not use the ones I actually purchased. I wonder why the ripper doesn't do exactly those steps? I know you're not support for the product. Just venting a little since I've been trying to get these tools to work on these disks for quite some time now.

Thanks for all of the help.

Brad

Comment

Hi braddo_99
                    I understand your frustrations.

DVD and Blu-Ray ripper will remove the copyright encryptions and convert to a different format which sounds like that is your intention, the work around is what us members have found to be the preferred method.
                    CBR929

Comment

Poor Quality

OK, so I followed the instructions of using Disk Copy to extract VOB files, then the ripper to create a wmv to stream on XBOX.

So, ... that worked, but the quality is very low. The picture is jaggy even when no action, when action it's just a huge mess.

Much much lower quality that previous simple rips from DVD.

I'll play around a bit more, but I'm curious - there don't seem to be any options to select on the "Main Movie" option. Am I missing something there?

The selections I made in the ripper for XBOX was using wmv10 rather than 9 - I don't know the difference, but assumed 10 wold be "1 better" :-0

More trials ahead.

Comment

Working...
                      X