Rips of WMV = audio but no video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Rips of WMV = audio but no video

I have both DVD Ripper and Blu-Ray Ripper. I have had no problems using Blu-Ray Ripper. I am also using Passkey.

However, on a half-dozen different DVDs,

So, I've tried ripping a half-dozen different DVDs to the WMV format (for XBOX360) and gotten the SAME thing every time.

Playing from both Windows Media Player and Media Center --> Black screen. No video, but I do get audio.

I am able to open the WMVs from VLC with no problem.

If I rip to AVI, then I am able to play from WMP and WMC.

I've searched this forum and found only one other post, but that person got no responses. I've used the MediaInfo tool to verify that the files are being ripped to the formats that DVDFab says it's using.

Any ideas? I've spent so many hours ripping and changing parameters, I feel really exhausted. Help! (I know, I MUST be doing something silly).

My computer is Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit.

Thanks

mike

Which version of DVDFab and which profiles do you use? Please post the latest internal log here as more info are needed. Thanks.

Comment

Have the same problem. With CUDA activated dvdfab only rips the sound and not the video. Doesn´t matter to which format. This does work in 8.1.3.8. After updating to 8.1.5.9 this doesn´t work anymore. Disabling GPU accelerated encoding ( only using software ) and it works again. An undocumated feature ( bug ) maybe ?

/ Jiba

Comment

Terry5 --

I have been using whatever is current for the past 2 months. I check each week to make sure I'm current.

Today, I uninstalled DVDFab, then reinstalled the freshly downloaded 8.1.6.1, and using default settings (no hardware acceleration) was able to get a DVD RIP to "XBOX360" profile. Audio + video.

I'm doing some more testing to see if there is a magic combination, or whether this was just a glitch.

Once I find out whether or not this is a glitch just for me, I will post logs...

Thanks for your response.

njimke

Comment

Working...
        X